Oh, for the love of Cookies! Say it ain't so...

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Instead of strawberries I would like something like this! Simple, probably less costly (excep maybe the caviar) and more variety than just chocolate 🍓.

8111BDEB-DAEA-4603-803A-5A79C0727D7E.jpeg

This would not get eaten in our cabin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, laudergayle said:

More details.  Why not?

Some of us are quite content with plain and simple and/or have food allergies or restrictions. I wouldn't eat it either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Some of us are quite content with plain and simple and/or have food allergies or restrictions. I wouldn't eat it either.

4 minutes ago, ihate2cruise said:

For the same reason people don’t eat the Chocolate Covered Strawberries.

I guess I can see why they go generic.  Ok…cookies it is.  I like them too.

Just now, yakcruiser said:

I would eat the yummy looking spread and the chocolate covered strawberries. And just about anything else left in my cabin that didn't belong to the vegetable family.

I guess I’m like you…lol.  But I would eat the veggies too!  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, IrieBajan54 said:

This reminds me of the bottle of sparkling wine that used to be a perk before the pandemic. For a period of time, they allowed cruisers to exchange it at a bar for a bottle of house wine. Seemed reasonable to me because I don't drink sparkling or white wine. Then they discontinued the swap. Bottles most likely stayed in the cabins, collected by the stewards and recycled to Latitude members on the next cruise.

Exactly!  And even before that, they’d leave a bottle of real wine in your room, and you got a bottle with EACH Latitudes specialty dinner. Later reduced to one. Then they replaced the wine in the room with the sparkling swill. Then they stopped letting you swap the swill for wine, then stopped the swill altogether. 
Judging by what other people have said before, NCL can’t really win with the room treats. Some won’t eat the strawberries, some won’t eat the cookies, the canapés, etc. They can’t please everybody, that’s for sure. 

I like the idea of having a preference page included in your profile. Some hotels do that. It would take some work to get started, but the savings in the form of less waste could be substantial. 

Edited by Birdnutty
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, ihate2cruise said:

This would not get eaten in our cabin.

I'd scarf that down! Minus the caviar. Of course there's going to be a mutiny in our room if the chocolate covered strawberries ever go away. I get one. Someone else eats the rest while I'm enjoying my one.

Alternatively, a small charcuterie board would be equally as welcome in our room as the quintuplet of canapes you posted! 

Heads up! To all that do not like/allergic to the chocolate covered strawberries. Please send out an alert if we're on the same ship. We'll order a filet and lobster tail from the Haven menu in exchange for the chocolate covered strawberries! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On one of the other social media sites there is a huge thread today about the loss of cookies (and hash browns, and smoked salmon). Do you think NCL sits around in meetings and grades employees based on how many people complain about their decisions?  The "cookie cutter" needs to be demoted after this half baked idea. 

• Haha 2