Princess Standard vs Princess Plus in Alaska

Debate

I'm trying to determine the value of upgrading to Princess Plus on an Alaska cruise.  Can anyone tell me the cost of wifi if I want to add it on?  If I want iced Tea and Coke products how much will they cost and/or can I bring them on board to have in my cabin?  Also, can I bring bottles of wine on board to have in my cabin  if I don't want to do a wine package?  

14 minutes ago, Debate said:

I'm trying to determine the value of upgrading to Princess Plus on an Alaska cruise.  Can anyone tell me the cost of wifi if I want to add it on?  If I want iced Tea and Coke products how much will they cost and/or can I bring them on board to have in my cabin?  Also, can I bring bottles of wine on board to have in my cabin  if I don't want to do a wine package?  

WiFi is $25 for one device, can be shared across multiple devices, just one at a time

Ice tea is included in fare.

Can of coke runs $2.50+18% service charge

Guests can bring 12 pack of soda

Guests can bring as much wine as they like, essentially. One bottle is corkage free if consumed in cabin or glass brought elsewhere, all other bottles are subject to $20 per bottle corkage charge. Details listed right at the Princess FAQs section...

• Like 1

Each person can bring on 12 cans of soda. Each adult can carry on 1 x 750ml bottle of wine at no charge for use in the cabin. If these bottles are brought to a public area they are subject to a $20/bottle corkage fee. Additional bottles can be brought on board and are subject to a $20/bottle corkage fee on boarding.

To be clear wifi internet is $25/day for one device, unlimited connection. You can use more than one device, but only one at a time. Onboard use of the wifi system intranet is no charge.

Daily gratuities are $16, $17 or $18 per person depending on the cabin category. Balcony cat and below is $16, mini suites are $17 and full suites $18.

If you purchase internet for the full cruise then the daily charge for wifi internet and daily gratuities is a minimum of $41/pp/day. Plus fare is $60/pp/day. If purchased the 1st two people in the cabin are required to have that fare. It is not required for a 3rd or 4th person. Additionally if you have the standard fare you will be charged a one time fee of $14.99 to use Ocean Now  delivery service which can include delivery to your cabin. There will be a $5 fee for each telephone call for room service if ordered by phone. Some room service calls are not charged. $60 minus $41 leaves $19/pp/day for beverages. That's about two to three alcoholic beverages per day and a whole bunch of the unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. For me it's a good value and a very nice convenience. Even if you never have an alcoholic drink specialty espresso and coffee drinks, sodas, juice bar, and others can come very close to the $19.

Coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, lemonade, juice in the mornings are all free in the buffet and DRs.

Take a look. Do the math.

• Like 1