RCI Onboard Credit Perk

Per my usual morning routine, I visit the RCI site to see if my upcoming cruise has had a price drop. Noticed the Onboard Credit banner, remember a long time ago they would offer these things, then switched to onboard bookings only, or use of a TA, AMEX perks, etc. Maybe a sign of an attempt to offset the higher cruise prices? I was glad to see it.

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm looking at my cruises right now but not seeing anything.  Where does it show up?

I see it after I click on the date, first page where you input your stuff.

see at the bottom .. I have only been looking at europe lately though, not Caribbean. 

20240209_093048523.jpeg

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I see it after I click on the date, first page where you input your stuff.

see at the bottom .. I have only been looking at europe lately though, not Caribbean. 

20240209_093048523.jpeg

I see it now... It appears that it isn't available on Balcony cabins.  The first one I checked was a balcony cabin I have booked and nothing but if I backed out and tried again in an interior it showed the OBC. 

• Like 2

I just noticed it on the homepage where there's a banner, then if you click on "Shop Now", it lists a bunch of sailings to sort through with the perk. I'm just glad something like this is back, at least I haven't seen anything like it...but I've only sailed from the USA.image.thumb.png.3efd31b200ce00b7a10fced73486d324.png

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I see it now... It appears that it isn't available on Balcony cabins.  The first one I checked was a balcony cabin I have booked and nothing but if I backed out and tried again in an interior it showed the OBC. 

Interesting. I'm going over in a balcony, but the next leg when I saw over 5k to keep my balcony my TA  moved me across the hall inside for the port intensive leg where i end in rome. I didnt get a bunch of obc on my balcony but got it inside. Rarely would i move but for 1k i will since i plan on seeing these new ports and greece. I see leg 3 now went up in price already. I ran into some couple who booked inside for all 3 legs. I just booked 2 and hope to spend a few days in rome seeing stuff. I'm getting to where now i can go further and not have someone to worry about. I didnt know that's why i got so much more inside cabin. Not a great price imo, but I'm there and I'd like to see greece. The 3rd leg ends in athens instead of greece. Any thoughts which city you would rather explore? Rome or athens?

You are right ... that's probably why a balcony for the 13 days going over had almost no obc. Like maybe I got $50 early booking only. My first TA so playing it by ear. Didnt notice before. Sticking with my balcony for the trip over. 

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Any thoughts which city you would rather explore? Rome or athens?

I've been to Rome.  Spent a week there in 2017 in conjunction with my Western Med Cruise.  Next time it'll be Eastern Med so I'd probably choose to explore Athens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been to Rome.  Spent a week there in 2017 in conjunction with my Western Med Cruise.  Next time it'll be Eastern Med so I'd probably choose to explore Athens.

Was it worth spending time there. Friends tell me it's so crowded it's not as fun as I probably expect. I thought I'd get a hotel near those trivoli steps n rome so I'm close to stuff to walk to see. So you didnt care for rome much? So far all I know is bring mosquito spray, rome has lots of mosquitoes. 

I can still add the 3rd leg. And end in athens. Never been to either. Leg 2 stops in 2 ports in greece so I'll be there as a port stop 2 ports .. but ends in rome. I stop in athens and another greece port already leg 2 I already booked. Just depends how long I want to stay.. or which city. I'm clueless lol. No idea. Just wanted something different.  

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So you didnt care for rome much?

Sorry that is not what I meant. I just meant that I have been there, spent a week there and if and when I get out that way again I'd want to spend time in a different city.  We loved Rome and seeing the sites was amazing.  The Colosseum, Vatican City and all the great food was amazing and I'd go again.  But I'd love to go to Athens as well and if I was choosing one or the other I'd choose Athens this time just because it was different.  

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

rome has lots of mosquitoes. 

I don't remember that.

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I can still add the 3rd leg. And end in athens. Never been to either. Leg 2 stops in 2 ports in greece so I'll be there as a port stop 2 ports .. but ends in rome. I stop in athens and another greece port already leg 2 I already booked. Just depends how long I want to stay.. or which city. I'm clueless lol. No idea. Just wanted something different.  

Whatever your choice is I'm sure it will be an amazing time.  You can't really go wrong.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Was it worth spending time there. Friends tell me it's so crowded it's not as fun as I probably expect. I thought I'd get a hotel near those trivoli steps n rome so I'm close to stuff to walk to see. So you didnt care for rome much? So far all I know is bring mosquito spray, rome has lots of mosquitoes. 

Rome is great but you only need a few days to hit most of the sights (including the Vatican).  We spent a week there on an anniversary trip and started to look for day trips outside of Rome after day 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GetToLivin said:

I just noticed it on the homepage where there's a banner, then if you click on "Shop Now", it lists a bunch of sailings to sort through with the perk. I'm just glad something like this is back, at least I haven't seen anything like it...but I've only sailed from the USA.image.thumb.png.3efd31b200ce00b7a10fced73486d324.png

I've noticed over since the new year 2024 RC been alternating OBC and $$ Off Banner.  I'm waiting on the new release of itineraries starting weeks of Feb 12th and 19th.

Edited by ChittyChittyBangBang

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

It is available but your balcony discount is most likely higher which is why it is not showing as the 2 are not combinable

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is available but your balcony discount is most likely higher which is why it is not showing as the 2 are not combinable

I never even put my C&A number in...

I check prices every once in a while but not like I used too.  Group space, which as you know is most of what I book, is always the cheapest. I just saw the thread and was curious. The few that aren't sold out in my category are all substantially higher now and any little OBC wouldn't come close to making a difference.