Change to 6 excursions (Simply More) for 25% discount instead of 5?

cruiser1692

I recently booked 6 S/E for our upcoming cruise. When I tried to use the website to book the excursions it did not calculate the correct cost. I had to call Oceania to book them so the correct discount was applied, the total was added up correctly, and our credit was applied correctly.

I did have to book 6 excursions to get the discount. I don't know if it was 5 excursions previously.

But a warning for all trying to book Simply More excursions: DO NOT use the website to book. Figure out what excursions you'd like, then call Oceania. Their website is extremely messed up.

• Like 3

I know someone who just finished their Oceania cruise in New Zealand and it was book 5 excursions to get 25% off.   I want to utilize the simply more shore excursion credit but the amount barely covers 2-3 excursions... the 100-150% markup on their excursions is pretty ridiculous.

• Like 3

The number of required excursions for the discount is dependent upon the total number of port days on your cruise. For example, it’s a different number if you’re on a 7 day cruise as opposed to a 15 day cruise.

I always have my TA book my ship excursions.

• Like 3

I was able to book 6 excursions for the two of us (12 total), and only pay an additional $120 after all my OBC was applied ($1250). That leaves no OBC to cover pre-paid gratuities, or drinks on board.

1 minute ago, pinotlover said:

The number of required excursions for the discount is dependent upon the total number of port days on your cruise. For example, it’s a different number if you’re on a 7 day cruise as opposed to a 15 day cruise.

Very good to know!!

1 hour ago, tigerfan75 said:

In my experience, NEVER use online booking of excursions.  It is always wonky.  O allows a guest that is booked through a TA to call direct for excursions.

I didn't know this!

2 hours ago, cruiser1692 said:

Did Oceania recently change the minimum excursions to 6 for the 25% discount? I just noticed it in my sailing details Trieste - Barcelona May 29th departure

I have two 15 day cruises booked.

One has 7 ports and requires 4 excursions for the discount.

The other has 11 ports and requires 6 excursions for the discount.

Your cruise has 11 ports; so 6 excursions looks consistent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

I have two 15 day cruises booked.

One has 7 ports and requires 4 excursions for the discount.

The other has 11 ports and requires 6 excursions for the discount.

Your cruise has 11 ports; so 6 excursions looks consistent.

Yes, exactly as Pinot said. 

9 hours ago, halfapair said:

But a warning for all trying to book Simply More excursions: DO NOT use the website to book. Figure out what excursions you'd like, then call Oceania. Their website is extremely messed up.

It's been a LONG time since I booked everything. It seemed quite straightforward but considering how cockamamie things are these days I suppose I should consider to keep and eye on everything. Thanks.

• Like 2