Will NEVER use HAL again!!

mheal

If you use the TSA approved locks, you should not have a problem locking your luggage. They're very recognizable and the TSA are familiar with them and can open them.

I'm a little foggy about how this discussion ended up on this sick old thread, but what the heck?:)

The thread that refuses to die.

Just for clarification to the original post --- the disembarcation talk and the printed information both emphisize the you should NEVER put liquor out in the hall for collection. ---- Now would someone please bury this thread.

Just for clarification to the original post --- the disembarcation talk and the printed information both emphisize the you should NEVER put liquor out in the hall for collection. ---- Now would someone please bury this thread.

Working on it!

Earthmover.jpg.259483e532d9675e7a8b6f6d8ee00893.jpg

I know I shouldn't prolong this thread any more, but here goes. We were on the Oosterdam on the April 15 Mexican Riviera cruise. Since this thread started BEFORE that, I paid careful attention during the disembarkation talk. The CD did not make any mention whatsoever about the wisdom or lack thereof in putting liquor in the hall with your other luggage. I believe that the only mention he made of liquor was to say that customs laws allowed one liter per person.

That said, I didn't need to be told not to put liquor in the hall, but to give the OP her due, it is not always mentioned in the disembarkation talks. I do remember it being discussed in disembarkation talks on previous cruises.

Paul Noble

We had 2 complimentary bottles of sparkling wine in our suite upon embarkation. We never drank them (don't like the stuff -- wish we could trade them in for a bottle of red wine or something).quote]

A&N

YOU CAN!

Next time you have comp wine just chat to you wine steward about changing it to something else... at equivilant value of course.

Stephen

• 1 month later...
I think that if I had been treated as rudely as this poster has I probably would be afraid to come back too.

No! no! rude is saying "You stupid idiot, can't you do anything right"

Honest is saying "I'm sorry this happened, but you blew it"

If people can't trust that the members of these boards will answer truthfully, then what's the point?

Ammarg ...........Thank you. :) There are only so many gentle ways to tell someone they did something 'without fully thinking it through'. The result of their action should not have come as a surprise. IMO......

mheal,

Whichever cruise line you decide to take next, please let us know.

I plan to book the cabin next to yours.......................

Now thats funny right there....Ya'll is dead solid on the ball.

I was on the Zuiderdam during a cruise March 4 through the 11th. My husband and I had a wonderful time - except at the end. We purchased 4 bottles of liquor on board and unfortunately, did not leave with them. When the box was delivered to our stateroom we put it out with our other luggage to be taken to the pier. When we arrived at the pier we saw lots of other boxes of liquor - but not ours. I spoke to a supervisor who said they do not make claims for liquor, but I insisted on the claim being written up. Reluctantly, she wrote up the claim as a "courtesy". She said we are supposed to carry the liquor off the ship ourselves and that we should have been told that in the disembarkement meeting. Well, I attended this meeting as well as many others on the ship. This was not mentioned to us. (As I said earlier there were many other boxes of liquor on the pier waiting for pick-up - if this was mentioned about 100 other people did not hear it either.) When I called HAL I was told they will not be responsible because I cannot prove it was placed outside our stateroom. Well, how many of you take pictures of your baggage placed outside your stateroom? I must not have heard that in the disembarkment meeting either. This liquor was purchased on the ship for $60 and HAL refuses to accept responsiblity or even credit me the $60. It is now a matter of principle and not the fact that I did not receive my baggage. You would think that when you spend over $4,000 on the cruise and then another $800 on board - they would put customer service first and refund the difference. Obviously, HAL is not the top notch line I was lead to believe they are. Based on this experience, I will NEVER use HAL again. They lost a customer, and as many potential customers I can tell about this, over $60. Sorry HAL but you are not the best. Stand behind your customers please - satisfaction is not your goal.

I haven't read the other comments, but can pretty well guess what they say: this is like putting a jewelry box in the hall the night before: the temtation is there: who took it no one knows and no, HAL is not responsible for this nor should they refund the $60.00. We always, regardless of how much we buy, carry our own liquor off the ship. It is too bad people can't be trusted, but still do not hold this against HAL> NMNita

• 1 year later...

Hi - just to let you know, you can talk to your cabin steward and have the bottles of wine taken back and ask them to credit that amount to whatever else you want to drink. We have done this numerous times because we don't like the champagne that we get.

Diane

We had 2 complimentary bottles of sparkling wine in our suite upon embarkation. We never drank them (don't like the stuff -- wish we could trade them in for a bottle of red wine or something). We left the bottles out with our luggage on the last night for the sole purpose of hoping someone would take them! Lo and behold, they were gone long before our luggage was, and we hope whoever took them enjoyed them! :)

Note: we wouldn't do this on a more family friendly cruise, but we had a pretty old crowd and I think there was all of one or two teens on board.

I have only ever been told to collect my liquor from the shop, it was not delivered to the cabin.

Who the hec in their right mind would put liquor out their cabin door. Duh! Down here we would call that extremely "Thick"

Oh well for the OP I guess a lesson learnt :rolleyes:

Sorry to be bumping this to the top again, but I had never seen this thread before tonight and it is a riot!

(Ironically, at this very moment I happen to be enjoying a cocktail made with the last of the pineapple rum I purchased on the Zuiderdam back in April.)

Sorry to be bumping this to the top again, but I had never seen this thread before tonight and it is a riot!

(Ironically, at this very moment I happen to be enjoying a cocktail made with the last of the pineapple rum I purchased on the Zuiderdam back in April.)

Obviously you found a better way to get it off the ship than to put it outside your door for "pickup". I too, had never seen this thread before and am finding it quite amusing.

Archived