Independent Flight Information Question

Italy52

This is a first for me:  I entered our independent flight information into my Cruise Personalizer and received the following information from Princess:  "This flight departs too early to reliably make your fight after arrival.:  How can that be, our flight departs 4 hours AFTER we are scheduled to disembark the ship -- we are not using transfers and we will be self-disembarking.  We have flown many times out of YVR and never had a problem.

"4 hours AFTER we are scheduled to disembark the ship" I think you mean after arrival of the ship. Princess' guideline is 4 1/2 hours after arrival of the ship. Princess allows for all kinds of stuff such as the slow time it takes when you use a Princess transfer. The program sees 4 hours as less than the guideline. You know you can make it to the airport in time so don't worry about it. Just remember to get a disembarkation time that is suitable for you. You may wish to choose early walk off.

From the Princess web site

Disembarking Passengers
For voyages that arrive in Vancouver, the earliest flight departure is 4 hours and 30 minutes after ship's arrival.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

This is a first for me:  I entered our independent flight information into my Cruise Personalizer and received the following information from Princess:  "This flight departs too early to reliably make your fight after arrival.:  How can that be, our flight departs 4 hours AFTER we are scheduled to disembark the ship -- we are not using transfers and we will be self-disembarking.  We have flown many times out of YVR and never had a problem.

Princess consistently implements very conservative time gaps for catching flights - at least for departing the ship.  (They seem to be much more optimistic for arrival flight times to catch the ship).  Since you know what you are doing, just ignore the warning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Depending on the port and airport in question...that could be a much longer time required.

It is a warning not a rule. Also times of disembarking is not written in stone. You may not be able to leave hhe ship exactly when it is scheduled 

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

How early is your flight?

I haven’t provided our independent flight information for YVR yet, but we have a 11:40 am flight from YVR.  We plan to self disembark.  I guess I will probably get the same warning.

On 2/10/2024 at 6:05 PM, help32250 said:

How many of you have booked the 360 Dining Experience?  SharB and I are in the 5PM one on April 8th.  What I think is really special about that date is that the 360 description reminds me of "The Sunset Effect" where you may see what looks like a Sunset in any direction you look during the TSE ....

360 Degree Experience FINAL.jpg

We are booked on April 7 at 5:00.  Looking forward to a new experience.

Edited by Luvtennis6060
Wrong forum
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

How early is your flight?

I haven’t provided our independent flight information for YVR yet, but we have a 11:40 am flight from YVR.  We plan to self disembark.  I guess I will probably get the same warning.

Our flight out of Vancouver is 1:25 PM -- that should give us enough time to get to the airport, get through ticketing and processing. We will also be self disembarking.

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Our flight out of Vancouver is 1:25 PM -- that should give us enough time to get to the airport, get through ticketing and processing. We will also be self disembarking.

I did that same flight time twice in the fall, and one of those times was a late 930am arrival in to the port. You’ve got plenty of time, especially if you are walking up to the SkyTrain instead of driving through traffic to the airport. 

YVR has a security reservation system you can book if you’re tight on time. Global Entry lanes were wide open for me when I passed through too. Easy peasy. 

• Thanks 1