E-Class Favorite MDR

georgiaguy

E-Class Favorite MDR  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the four MDRs is your favorite?

• Tuscan
    • Normandie
    • Cosmopolitan
    • Cyprus

We were staying in a Suite, but were looking for a dinner of something simple one night - Cyprus had the perfect solution: Greek salads, saganaki/houlumi cheese, and souvlaki with rice. It was a nice break! 

Our favorite was Cyprus. When we were on the Beyond we had a terrible experience in Tuscan, but Cyprus was fabulous. We enjoyed both Cosmopolitan and Normandie equally, which I was surprised as I fully expected Normandie to be my favorite. Actually, I expected Tuscan to be my favorite as Italian food is my favorite foods, but it didn't work out.

For our upcoming cruise, I booked all of the dining rooms, including Tuscan once. But now I'm learning that I can go to the same one every night and order from any of the menus specific to the other 3 restaurants? If that's the case, then I'm tempted to pick Cyprus and shift all our reservations to that one so that I can have the same staff. It's almost like fixed dining, except at a reasonable 6:30pm instead of earlier than 6pm.

46 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

But now I'm learning that I can go to the same one every night and order from any of the menus specific to the other 3 restaurants? 

Yes. That is exactly how all the E class ships MDRs work. 

18 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

I know that 2 of the restaurants are smaller, Tuscan &?

Which is what makes having 4 MDR's so much more appealing than one very large dining room.

7 minutes ago, doghog said:

Cyprus is small on the Apex. 

2 minutes ago, Liao said:

Which is what makes having 4 MDR's so much more appealing than one very large dining room.

Thanks, super excited for our first E class! Love all the tips shared here!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Liao said:

For us, it doesn't really matter. Just go with the flow of each ship. Personally we like the MDRs on the S&M class ships better because they are multi level and like the open feeling. 

Interesting aside. Over 700 people have looked at this but only 23 have actually voted. Doesn’t that seems a little low for a simple question? Granted some likely havent cruised on the E-class, myself included, but still seems low. Just a curious observation on my part.

On 2/15/2024 at 9:18 PM, publicpersona said:

Remind me how does one get to select which restaurant to go to. I tried reserving online but it said my dining time was already set. But not the restaurant?

Even if it says you have a fixed dining time, you can go to whichever restaurant you want at whatever time you want. Just show up. If there's a line at one restaurant, try another because as everyone has noted, you can order from any menu of the four main dining rooms. 

On 2/16/2024 at 8:52 PM, georgiaguy said:

Interesting aside. Over 700 people have looked at this but only 23 have actually voted. Doesn’t that seems a little low for a simple question? Granted some likely havent cruised on the E-class, myself included, but still seems low. Just a curious observation on my part.

The vote is basically meaningless since the same exact food can be ordered at any of the four restaurants and they are all fairly similar in design.  The service will be dependent on the wait staff. 

34 minutes ago, IDL said:

The vote is basically meaningless since the same exact food can be ordered at any of the four restaurants and they are all fairly similar in design.  The service will be dependent on the wait staff. 

Wow…I wasnt looking for a scientific answer. Just curious if people had a favorite. People pick favorites for all kinds of reasons. I mean it drew you in enough to comment…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

Wow…I wasnt looking for a scientific answer. Just curious if people had a favorite. People pick favorites for all kinds of reasons. I mean it drew you in enough to comment…

That’s my rationale as to why I don’t have a favorite.