E-Class Favorite MDR

georgiaguy

E-Class Favorite MDR  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the four MDRs is your favorite?

• Tuscan
    • Normandie
    • Cosmopolitan
    • Cyprus

35 minutes ago, mikeysed said:

You can order any exclusive dishes from any restaurant at any restaurant? I assume you can view the menus on your app. 

That is my understanding but I could be wrong. 

12 hours ago, mikeysed said:

You can order any exclusive dishes from any restaurant at any restaurant? I assume you can view the menus on your app. 

You can eat in any of the four MDRs. Not held to just one for the cruise. You can request menus for all four MDRs to look at and select from. The app isn't required. This can be done on all E class ships. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

I know this is completely subjective and you can order from any of them, but I am curious none the less. So what is your opinion?

Cosmopolitan. We were able to get the same time and two top each evening. You can request menus for all four MDRs to look at and select from. 

We have been them all. Our favorite is Cosmopolitan. We like the colors. You can get food from anywhere. You just have to look at the menus each day on the app. They usually have breakfast and lunch on sea days. We were just on the Ascent for two weeks. 

Just now, Pennstatedj said:

We have been them all. Our favorite is Cosmopolitan. We like the colors. You can get food from anywhere. You just have to look at the menus each day on the app. They usually have breakfast and lunch on sea days. We were just on the Ascent for two weeks. 

App isn't required. 

18 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

It's just easier to use app during the day, I like to plan ahead. Just a personal preference. To each his own. 

Exactly. Just clarifying the app isn't required. We like to wait until seated. One on the ship, my phone is off and locked in the safe for the entire cruise.

Edited by doghog

It has been a while since I’ve been on Edge, and will be doing Apex soon. We are set for early seating but waitlisted for Anytime. 

Remind me how does one get to select which restaurant to go to. I tried reserving online but it said my dining time was already set. But not the restaurant?

We just sailed on the Beyond and the key for us was homing in on one restaurant at the same dining time in order to secure the same waiter and the same table.  As has been stated, you can order the speciality items from any of the four restaurants so having a waiter that knew our general wants and could speed up the meal when we wanted to catch a show was the difference maker.   Some shows require securing a seat at least 30 minutes early so don’t always have 2 hours for dinner. 

• Like 3

We were just on the ascent, their shows were at 730 and 930, so if you go around 545 pm you can go to any restaurant and make the 730 show. Moving the shows a half hour later from the usual 7 makes it a lot easier to make the early show. I do not know if the time are fleet wide. Ascent has been doing those time since Jan at least. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, publicpersona said:

It has been a while since I’ve been on Edge, and will be doing Apex soon. We are set for early seating but waitlisted for Anytime. 

Remind me how does one get to select which restaurant to go to. I tried reserving online but it said my dining time was already set. But not the restaurant?

E class ships don’t have fixed early or late dining.  It’s all Select dining

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

E class ships don’t have fixed early or late dining.  It’s all Select dining

Well, I thought I was remembering that from two previous Edge cruises. And in fact, we haven't done fixed dining on any cruise in many years. That said, our cruise documentation says we have early seating and it says I cannot make any reservations since we have fixed dining. So while I know I need to be making reservations to choose MDR restaurants, it just tells me I should have picked Anytime, for which I am shown as waitlisted.

And with Anytime Dining on our Edge® series ships, you have four restaurants to choose from. Select your dining time in any of the four restaurants and enjoy a change of scenery.

Guests with Anytime Dining must reserve their dining time in the pre-cruise planner after completing their reservation.

2 hours ago, publicpersona said:

Well, I thought I was remembering that from two previous Edge cruises. And in fact, we haven't done fixed dining on any cruise in many years. That said, our cruise documentation says we have early seating and it says I cannot make any reservations since we have fixed dining. So while I know I need to be making reservations to choose MDR restaurants, it just tells me I should have picked Anytime, for which I am shown as waitlisted.

And with Anytime Dining on our Edge® series ships, you have four restaurants to choose from. Select your dining time in any of the four restaurants and enjoy a change of scenery.

Guests with Anytime Dining must reserve their dining time in the pre-cruise planner after completing their reservation.

We were on the Apex in March 2023. I made 6:PM ATD reservations pre cruise in our CP. Once on board we were advised reservations would not be honored for ATD and the Apex wasn't doing early or late TD either. MDRs open at 5:30. We showed up every evening at 6 and were able to get the same two top table each evening with no waiting. We elected to go to the same MDR each evening. 

Two things that are consistent about the app and the website. They both are inconsistent. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

We preferred Normandie, both for decor and for the service. For some reason we got better service there. I'm sure that was just luck of the draw, but we gravitated there for that reason. Tuscan was our least favourite, again due to service. I'm sure if we had been seated in a different section, we would have had a different experience, but we got a terrible waiter and that made us hesitant to return.

• Like 2