Public Transportation

Giantfan13

Please excuse me if this has been discussed already. I looked and didn't see it.

We know there is a bus system in Aruba. I went to their website but it is pretty Greek to me so if someone can give me a bit of info on this. Can we board a public bus and sort of use it to tour the entire island? We aren't beach people (multiple cases of skin cancers) so we like to sightsee and maybe wander around, and also shop a bit. If I was able to board a bus where the ship docks and buy an all-day pass, can we stay on the bus as a tour bus, and then get on and off as we please if we want to visit where it is going? How often do the buses usually run? We will be in Aruba at the end of May. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Len

I've used the great public transportation system on Aruba many times. I highly recommend it. I've posted in this forum about it many times. 

You'll figure it out. It's very simple very cost effective and very reliable transportation around the island and back to the ship. Your good.😎

HoHo bus wawazzatt?? I have no idea what a HoHo bus is but it sounds like A LOT of fun.😁😁😁

I buy a round trip ticket at the bus station. I think it's $3.75 rt. Always works.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, TTEllis said:

HoHo bus wawazzatt?? I have no idea what a HoHo bus is but it sounds like A LOT of fun.😁😁😁

I buy a round trip ticket at the bus station. I think it's $3.75 rt. Always works.

You don't get out much .., LOL Just kidding

HoHo is short for Hop On Hop Off, buses where they have a specific route and you can get on and off as often as you like. Want to see something, you get off there, stay as long as you like, and then get on the next bus that comes along. Keep doing this all day if you like.

Are there differ ent routes for different lines? Is there one particular bus that would take you around the island? Thanks for your help on this. 

Cheers

Len

On 2/19/2024 at 8:43 PM, TTEllis said:

Yes it's like a HoHo Bus!!😂😂😂😂

I almost spit my pop out with this one. (The only time I've seen the HOHO bus mentioned on the boards is for Bermuda...and they actually call it that I believe). 😁🤣

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/22/2024 at 6:52 PM, mitsugirly said:

I almost spit my pop out with this one. (The only time I've seen the HOHO bus mentioned on the boards is for Bermuda...and they actually call it that I believe). 😁🤣

They’re all over. I’ve used them in L.A., London, Barcelona, Lisbon, and Malaga. I’ve booked a couple others that called themselves a hop on hop off bus but they weren’t really like that. They were one-time round-trip tours. The “hoho bus” I did in Grand Turk ended up being a car since I was the only one who booked it that day.

Edited by Saint Greg