Bringing on a 12-pack

shainamarie622

10 hours ago, shainamarie622 said:

Hi all! We will be getting on the 7-day Mexican Riviera on Discovery Princess in exactly 7 days from today! So excited!! It’s been awhile since I cruised. I know each person can take on a 12-pack of canned soda. Is this limited to soda only? Can we bring on a 12-pack of energy drinks instead? Or canned coffee?

Also does is need to be in the original box or can we take the 12 cans out and put it in a bag? Couldn’t seem to find this info online and when I called the Cruiseline, the person I spoke to just seemed clueless and was saying yes to everything I said lol. Thanks for your help!

Yes, as much as you want

5 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Wow!  The thought hasn’t even entered my mind to sneak booze onto a cruiseship.  Kinda makes me feel icky.  I guess if you’re used to doing this sort of activity, you forget about the nastiness.  

When I carry on 6 bottles of wine, fully prepared to pay the corkage fee, and Princess doesn't charge me, is it smuggling? Would that be "icky"? (I have done this many times.)

In Barcelona, there are liquor stores right at the gangplanks, after Security. People buy and bring cases of beer, wine, and liquor on board while ship security watch quietly. Does that involve "nastiness"?

Just curious... 🤔

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Thank you for providing Princess’s policy regarding bringing liquids onboard.  Glad to see that plastic bottles are prohibited.  So very harmful to the environment.  I think most guests would prefer cans or cartons, anyway.

They give 1000s a bottles of plastic bottles of water out with the plus package every day 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Teechur said:

When I carry on 6 bottles of wine, fully prepared to pay the corkage fee, and Princess doesn't charge me, is it smuggling? Would that be "icky"? (I have done this many times.)

In Barcelona, there are liquor stores right at the gangplanks, after Security. People buy and bring cases of beer, wine, and liquor on board while ship security watch quietly. Does that involve "nastiness"?

Just curious... 🤔

Of course there is a difference,  You were not smuggling, you were fully prepared to do the right thing.  If you’re ignored, then more power to you.  It’s nasty when you hide it with the intention of getting away with something you know is wrong.

But you know that.  You knew it before you asked it.  I think perhaps you just enjoy stirring pot a wee bit. lol. 

7 hours ago, antsp said:

They give 1000s a bottles of plastic bottles of water out with the plus package every day 

They use the environmentally friendly and recyclable bottles such as we use here where I live.  I asked when I was on Regal.  It’s all good.

See post #8.  One of our members explains the real reason.  So, there’s that.

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

But they're special. 😆

Actually they are.  Don’t they have the new bottles in Florida yet?  We’ve had them here for a very long time.  Perhaps they’ll catch up soon and you can also be environmentally friendly.  However, I’ve just learned from a fellow cc member the reason they don’t allow passengers to bring on any plastic bottles is because some folks think it’s cool to smuggle alcohol onboard in the plastic water bottles.  Imagine that!  Who would do such a thing? lol

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Actually they are.  Don’t they have the new bottles in Florida yet?  We’ve had them here for a very long time.  Perhaps they’ll catch up soon and you can also be environmentally friendly.  However, I’ve just learned from a fellow cc member the reason they don’t allow passengers to bring on any plastic bottles is because some folks think it’s cool to smuggle alcohol onboard in the plastic water bottles.  Imagine that!  Who would do such a thing? lol

I know, it's terrible, everyone knows you use rum runners to smuggle alcohol 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, antsp said:

I know, it's terrible, everyone knows you use rum runners to smuggle alcohol 

Nah, everyone here knows how much I love the Princess Packages.  I like to pay for my drinks and not have to look over my shoulder.  But, hey you do you.

13 minutes ago, antsp said:

No, we use the rum.runners to take drink off, we don't want to waste our 15 a day quota 

I used their refillable plastic bottles on time but prefer our own 1 liter ones. Their a little small but so environmentally friendly. 😄

1 hour ago, antsp said:

No, we use the rum.runners to take drink off, we don't want to waste our 15 a day quota 

That’s great!  Hey, if you purchased the Plus package you can do what you like with those 15 drinks.  I would think you wouldn’t even have to hide taking it off the ship.  Princess isn’t losing anything.  Enjoy your Plus package, we certainly do!

21 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Makes sense now that you say it.  I completely forget about those folks who just have to find a way to smuggle booze onboard.  I have words for those people, but I won't share them with you. lol. And, here I thought it was Princess being environmentally responsible.  Oh, well. 

It is so wonderful that one Celebrity, the water is served in tall aluminum cans.  I was really impressed with that. Princess is our cruiseline of choice but Celebrity definitely has some advantages.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It is so wonderful that one Celebrity, the water is served in tall aluminum cans.  I was really impressed with that. Princess is our cruiseline of choice but Celebrity definitely has some advantages.  

Yes, it does keep the water colder in the can.  Honestly, I just pour my water directly into my stainless steel tumbler.  Stays cold for hours.  Just a preference for me.

• Like 2

Well... Since people want to take drinks aboard with them and since so many complained about losing the bucket chair how about this as a fix for both issues?

image.jpeg.85d1de3d7804dfe830d90eec72dd6d4d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

Well... Since people want to take drinks aboard with them and since so many complained about losing the bucket chair how about this as a fix for both issues?

image.jpeg.85d1de3d7804dfe830d90eec72dd6d4d.jpeg

Do not, under any circumstances, allow my wife to see this.

• Haha 2