Solo cruiser

My son would like to join us on a cruise to Bermuda.  His brother was supposed to go and share a cabin but can’t get time off from work. When we price out one in a cabin, it comes out to be more? Is that the way it is for solo travelers? Singles pay more than two pay sharing? Any way around it? 

That is what Celebrity is doing on most sailing at this time.  It all depends on ship, date, itinerary.  There seems no rhyme or reason on solo pricing.  You will get a refund for tax and port fees for the "missing" passenger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Take a look at this thread 

In half of my  X cruises I travel solo.

while making some future bookings recently onboard Beyond I pointed out the solo surcharge and the Future Cruise Manager said just book for 2 and on arrival say the second guest couldn’t make it.

the port fees and taxes for the second guest would be refunded.

he did advise me not to use the same no show guest every time .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, D. B. said:

In half of my  X cruises I travel solo.

while making some future bookings recently onboard Beyond I pointed out the solo surcharge and the Future Cruise Manager said just book for 2 and on arrival say the second guest couldn’t make it.

the port fees and taxes for the second guest would be refunded.

he did advise me not to use the same no show guest every time .

Thank you so much! 

6 hours ago, hcat said:

what about a suite with some privacy sep?

Suites are running over  $13,000 for three pax. I love my son but there’s no way I’d pay that for a ship cabin that needs refurbishing so badly. Looks like the Eclipse cabins are pretty “dumpy” compared to refurbished or newer ships from the pics ive seen,  

Edited by WatermelonSugarHigh

7 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Maybe your son could take a friend.  Offer to pay since you'd be paying anyway but that way you save a little by only paying for two versus the single supplement.

My son is 33, newly divorced, and (still) very much heartbroken. . He has said there’s nobody he wants to spend a week with at this point except his Mom and Dad or his dog 😂❤️ I will be paying either way, but he can afford the trip. He’s a physician. I was surprised they penalize solo travelers. We just back from Virgin Voyages on the Valiant Lady and I believe there’s no surcharge for singles. 

Edited by WatermelonSugarHigh