How many Regent Rewards points do you need?

Anywhere from 5 (keychain, pen) to 70 (windbreaker).

Each ship has a different selection of trinkets, with some overlap, and you can only use the points on the ship you won them on (Splendor points on Splendor, Mariner points on Mariner, etc). 

Redemption values also vary by cruise length. The longer the cruise the more points are required for that coveted T shirt

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

They "forget" to count when you redeem points

Some of the entertainment team are more meticulous than others ................ but for the dancers the points have to be in multiples of 8  "....... 5, 6, 7, 8"

🤣

• Haha 9

Points values for items can vary depending on the length of the voyage/number of sea days/number of activities.

We just got off Voyager yesterday, and the redemption points for the BA to Santiago leg were significantly higher than the Rio to BA leg. (I have a picture somewhere of the points values for the first leg, which I shall add when I find it).

Thanks everyone for your replies! I've gotten a couple of points from Mensa quizes but I'm not on a trivia team and I'm not doing the other point-earning activities, so I was wondering whether or not it was worth it to keep trying to just get a point here or there.

3 hours ago, -Lew- said:

This is the point chart for the current Grandeur itinerary...

2024_02_215_29_25PM.thumb.jpeg.93f7b6ff4a6d7801ab9fc76c7a5463b4.jpeg

2024.02.21 5.29.25 PM.pdf 461.5 kB · 1 download

And why does anyone want any of those? I just went through my large storage closet in our condo since it was almost full. I came close to throwing away the Gold Glitter Tote Bag we received in our Concierge cabin on Regent Navigator last spring. I know I won't ever use it since it's very gaudy, and not practical. I do use a few of the older navy bags which are much sturdier, with plenty of zippers, and they're right up front where I can easily find them to use again.

44 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

And why does anyone want any of those? I just went through my large storage closet in our condo since it was almost full. I came close to throwing away the Gold Glitter Tote Bag we received in our Concierge cabin on Regent Navigator last spring. I know I won't ever use it since it's very gaudy, and not practical. I do use a few of the older navy bags which are much sturdier, with plenty of zippers, and they're right up front where I can easily find them to use again.

EBay!

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 8:44 AM, Pcardad said:

They "forget" to count when you redeem points...they can't very well charge you $1,500 per person per day and then skimp out and not give you a $6 t-shirt.

You would think that - esp since almost all of the items have Regent markings which results in free advertising for Regent. Some cruises are more strict than others - I remember once being on the Voyager and a couple who were on their first Regent cruise were hoping to get three shirts, but they were short four points and the staff said no go. Fortunately, there are many generous Regent cruisers, such as Kwaj Girl, who stand at the entrance and offer their points to anyone short a few points.

• Like 1

The more sea days, the more points required because there are generally many more opportunities to earn points on sea days than on port days.

I once learned this the hard way - I was on a B2B2B with the last segment being a crossing. I had saved my points until the end and even with all the extra points earned on the crossing, I got less than if I had traded in my points after the second segment.

For people who do not need anything that is available with points, consider either donating your points to others who are short of points or getting clothing items and donating them when you get home. I am involved in a number of charities and we are always appreciative when we receive new clothing items.

14 hours ago, NYC-London said:

You would think that - esp since almost all of the items have Regent markings which results in free advertising for Regent. Some cruises are more strict than others - I remember once being on the Voyager and a couple who were on their first Regent cruise were hoping to get three shirts, but they were short four points and the staff said no go. Fortunately, there are many generous Regent cruisers, such as Kwaj Girl, who stand at the entrance and offer their points to anyone short a few points.

This is a perfect example of a lost opportunity. The cost is next to nothing and the PR would be great. Its been my experience that the redemption people (usually dancers) have instruction to generously round up because it is such a simple and cost-effective way to score lots of goodwill at the END of a cruise - which is the best time to get it. If Regent doesn't capitalize on this easy opportunity, they don't deserve the benefits.

5 hours ago, Pcardad said:

This is a perfect example of a lost opportunity. The cost is next to nothing and the PR would be great. Its been my experience that the redemption people (usually dancers) have instruction to generously round up because it is such a simple and cost-effective way to score lots of goodwill at the END of a cruise - which is the best time to get it. If Regent doesn't capitalize on this easy opportunity, they don't deserve the benefits.

Absolutely agree. Clients paying thousands of dollars and then Regent nickels and dimes. Advertising and goodwill? Out the window. An aside here….our TA hosted a Cruise Event last night at our Club with over 300 attending. All major cruise lines were represented. We’re off in July on a Grandeur cruise, and talking with the Regent rep (have met her before at these events) I was shocked to hear her say she did not have business cards. She also stated Mike Moore is no longer with Regent. This will be our third Regent cruise in under 2 years in a named suite…..and are beginning to wonder if Regent’s recent cost saving moves will result in us doing different vacations in the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gpilon said:

Absolutely agree. Clients paying thousands of dollars and then Regent nickels and dimes. Advertising and goodwill? Out the window. An aside here….our TA hosted a Cruise Event last night at our Club with over 300 attending. All major cruise lines were represented. We’re off in July on a Grandeur cruise, and talking with the Regent rep (have met her before at these events) I was shocked to hear her say she did not have business cards. She also stated Mike Moore is no longer with Regent. This will be our third Regent cruise in under 2 years in a named suite…..and are beginning to wonder if Regent’s recent cost saving moves will result in us doing different vacations in the future. 

I an not sure which rep you saw - but if you are in GA, it was probably either K.R. or L.T. (depending on your TA's agency). I have worked with both. Mike left the end of January and has not yet updated his Linkedin profile but I certainly wish him the best - he is a great guy. If it makes any difference, my experiences indicate that all cruise lines are still having issues Post Covid for a variety of reasons. Even Viking is seeking financing to cover debt and now, this just in, seeks an IPO to raise additional money.

01:47 PM | Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH) | By: Amy Thielen, SA News Editor

• Viking Holdings Ltd. confirmed on Friday that it has filed a confidential draft registration with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering. The number of shares to be offered has not yet been determined.
  • The cruise operator has reportedly engaged Bank of America (BAC), J.P. Morgan (JPM), UBS Group (UBS), and Well Fargo (WFC) as advisors, according to Bloomberg.
  • The offering could be conducted as early as Q2 this year.
  • Viking Cruises, based in Basel, Switzerland, provides river, ocean, and expedition cruises under three divisions. The company was founded in 1997 in St. Petersburg, Russia by Torstein Hagen.
  • The company has raised $1B in funding over two rounds, the most recent $500M from private equity firm TPG and the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board.

More on CCL Industries Inc., Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, etc.

Edited by Pcardad

6 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I a not sure which rep you saw - but if you are in GA, it was probably either K.R. or L.T. (depending on your TA's agency). I have worked with both. Mike left the end of January and has not yet updated his Linkedin profile but I certainly wish him the best - he is a great guy. If it makes any difference, my experiences indicate that all cruise lines are still having issues Post Covid for a variety of reasons. Even Viking is seeking financing to cover debt.

Agree with you relative to issues lines are facing. And I am sure we, like all cruisers, want to get what we pay for these days. Rep was Ina…nice young lady.