P&O share purchase and onboard shareholder benefits ending question?

Marty49

Good afternoon,

I have been looking at the online purchase of shares for Carnival corp. I noticed there are 2 listing on the H and L site to purchase. They are carnival PLC  ordinary and Carnival Corp CCL which trades at $14.80. Which one is the correct one to invest in for the onboard credit for P &O cruises?

In addition to this I noticed that the shareholders letter stated that the onboard credit should be usedd by July 2024. Is it normal for the shreholders benefits to be renewed by Canival Corp every year? 

Thank you

22 minutes ago, BrianI said:

You want the Carnival PLC shares that are traded in pounds on the London stock exchange.

The benefit is renewed each year usually in March

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the rapid reply. Many thanks.

Mat

53 minutes ago, Marty49 said:

Good afternoon,

I have been looking at the online purchase of shares for Carnival corp. I noticed there are 2 listing on the H and L site to purchase. They are carnival PLC  ordinary and Carnival Corp CCL which trades at $14.80. Which one is the correct one to invest in for the onboard credit for P &O cruises?

In addition to this I noticed that the shareholders letter stated that the onboard credit should be usedd by July 2024. Is it normal for the shreholders benefits to be renewed by Canival Corp every year? 

Thank you

Might be worth having a look at this thread and the implementation of the shareperk app for applying for OBC, if you do purchas.  

6 hours ago, Marty49 said:

Good afternoon,

Thank you

You can buy either.  Decision mostly a matter of which stock market you choose to buy it on.

The benefit is renewed each year by the CCL board for the next year. They could decide not to do so but so far it has consistently been renewed

You can buy either but they are not the same price.  Over the last few years the uk ones have been cheaper, hence why Carnival spent a period buying back uk listed shares whilst issuing American listed ones to pay for them.  Logically they should really be the same price.

Also to hold the US listed shares you need to apply for a W8Ben form in order to hold them.  

30 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

You can buy either but they are not the same price.  Over the last few years the uk ones have been cheaper, hence why Carnival spent a period buying back uk listed shares whilst issuing American listed ones to pay for them.  Logically they should really be the same price.

Also to hold the US listed shares you need to apply for a W8Ben form in order to hold them.  

Carnival has 2 shares listed on the US stock market, CCL which is the US shares and CUK which tracks the UK stock market price. Just why the UK stock market ticker is CCL and not CUK seems a mystery. But if you are buying in  the UK it's best to stick to buying the UK listed shares, and avoid having to fill out a separate US form, and deal with currency exchange, if and when dividends resume.