Freezer options for medical reason?

mchelle77

We've been on the Breakaway 2-3 times but I can't remember if there's a freezer in the in-cabin fridge? My daughter gets migraines and keeps an ice pack with her when she travels, but we're wondering if she'll even be able to freeze it in the room. What would her options be?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mchelle77 said:

We've been on the Breakaway 2-3 times but I can't remember if there's a freezer in the in-cabin fridge? My daughter gets migraines and keeps an ice pack with her when she travels, but we're wondering if she'll even be able to freeze it in the room. What would her options be?

Get an ice bucket.

Keep the pack(s) in the ice bucket inside the fridge. That will maximize the time that the freeze will last.

The steward will refill the bucket daily. If you ask, possibly he will do it twice.

Aside from that, you can replenish the ice as you like by getting it at the buffet.

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

You can ask the steward for ice, or use those crack and shake ice packs that don’t need to be frozen.

She does have those, and will take as a backup. The idea of that precious luggage space taken up by 5-10 ice packs though ... lol 

Thank you all - I think she'll take acouple of the ice packs you break, but also just get the ice replenished for the permanent one, in case she runs out. 

3 hours ago, mchelle77 said:

They don't have a freezer. I get migraines also, have the last 20 years and when we are traveling I bring a half dozen of these. They are small and light weight and work well....   https://amzn.to/49hMGhZ

• Like 1

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

An ice bag doesn't take up much space, can be easily filled with ice from the buffet or an ice bucket when needed.

I second this.  I have a similar issue, and need ice packs.  I just bought a refillable ice bag - the old fashioned kind - and can always go to the Garden Cafe and get ice.  Reading reviews on the ice bags reveal that it's a good idea to keep Ziplock bags at hand in case there is sweat or leakage issues.

• Like 2