Adjoining rooms on Encore or any Breakaway Class

I'm going on the Encore with family with adjoining rooms.  Specifically in our case, rooms 12788 + 12790.  It shows adjoining rooms.  I have been in hotel rooms that are adjoining and there is a wall with a door.  Considering cabins don't exactly have a lot of unused wall space, can anyone tell me where the adjoining door is?  or a video, picture, schematic, ect?  I can't seem to find anything on this.  I can't tell if there is a door inside the cabin or do they just remove the partition on the balcony and that is how you go back and forth.  Anyone with experience actually using this feature?

4 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

It shows adjoining rooms.  I have been in hotel rooms that are adjoining and there is a wall with a door. 

This is exactly what you get.

No, you cannot remove the partition on the balconies.

2 minutes ago, CptJLMcCrea said:

This is exactly what you get.

No, you cannot remove the partition on the balconies.

but where is the door?  is it on the wall with the bed?  opposite of the bed, where is it?  If it is at the foot of the bed, there isn't exactly a lot of room there...

7 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

but where is the door?  is it on the wall with the bed?  opposite of the bed, where is it?  If it is at the foot of the bed, there isn't exactly a lot of room there...

Does it really make a difference? It is where it is. You are going to hear you next door neighbors, regardless of the placement.

10 minutes ago, CptJLMcCrea said:

Does it really make a difference? It is where it is. You are going to hear you next door neighbors, regardless of the placement.

Did you read my post?  I am in one room, family is in room 2, I specifically booked this and I don't care about the noise.  I'm just asking where the door is.  If you don't know....then kindly do not respond

The connecting door is near the entrance to the stateroom. It will either be on your left (in 12790) or on  your right (in 12788) as soon as you enter. I don't know which one is yours. 

12788 will have the bed near the balcony and 12790 will have the bed near the closet. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

Did you read my post?  I am in one room, family is in room 2, I specifically booked this and I don't care about the noise.  I'm just asking where the door is.  If you don't know....then kindly do not respond

Of course I read your post, and your blind focus on the door is a bit weird, Why does it matter where the door is?

8 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The connecting door is near the entrance to the stateroom. It will either be on your left (in 12790) or on  your right (in 12788) as soon as you enter. I don't know which one is yours. 

12788 will have the bed near the balcony and 12790 will have the bed near the closet. 

So you thinking opposite of the bathroom door...ish?

Just now, thesnoopster2 said:

So you thinking opposite of the bathroom door...ish?

conecting-Copy.jpg

With the balcony behind you, the lightly colored door on the right is the bathroom door and the lightly colored door on the left is the connecting door. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I'm going on the Encore with family with adjoining rooms.  Specifically in our case, rooms 12788 + 12790.  It shows adjoining rooms.  I have been in hotel rooms that are adjoining and there is a wall with a door.  Considering cabins don't exactly have a lot of unused wall space, can anyone tell me where the adjoining door is?  or a video, picture, schematic, ect?  I can't seem to find anything on this.  I can't tell if there is a door inside the cabin or do they just remove the partition on the balcony and that is how you go back and forth.  Anyone with experience actually using this feature?

The partitions on the balcony can not be opened for your use. It is a fire hazard for the ship. Crew will open the balcony partitions while in port to wash down the balconies, then lock them. 

33 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

conecting-Copy.jpg

With the balcony behind you, the lightly colored door on the right is the bathroom door and the lightly colored door on the left is the connecting door. 

I was hoping that it was a sliding door AKA pocket door they can slide open so the parents could be in room A and the kids could be in room B and you can still quasi-watch them.  

Thank you for the picture, I couldn't find one. Do you know if that door would open flat against the wall so you could leave it wide open? Also do you think the bathroom door and the connecting door bash into each other?  Looks like the door from the cabin isn't an issue unless the door is open, then it is a very narrow hallway

28 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The partitions on the balcony can not be opened for your use. It is a fire hazard for the ship. Crew will open the balcony partitions while in port to wash down the balconies, then lock them. 

I had heard that they would remove the partitions on the deck at request if it was cabins within the same party.  Of course what I heard doesn't make it true, hence the question.  Why would it be a fire hazard?  This is my first NCL voyage but cruise #5 overall but never heard of that as a reason.  Not saying you are wrong, just curious why a fire hazard

1 minute ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I had heard that they would remove the partitions on the deck at request if it was cabins within the same party.  Of course what I heard doesn't make it true, hence the question.  Why would it be a fire hazard?  This is my first NCL voyage but cruise #5 overall but never heard of that as a reason.  Not saying you are wrong, just curious why a fire hazard

It would allow a fire to spread. NCL will not open balcony partitions for passengers. 

2 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

Do you know if that door would open flat against the wall so you could leave it wide open?

There's a magnet near the top of the door so it can be attached to the wall. Both sides would need to be open to see the kids next door. 

3 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

Also do you think the bathroom door and the connecting door bash into each other?

Not when the connecting door is stuck to the wall. 

1 minute ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I had heard that they would remove the partitions on the deck at request if it was cabins within the same party.

The dailies state that requests to open balcony partitions will be denied. 

2 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

Why would it be a fire hazard? 

Balcony partitions have the ability to open for maintenance purposes and for firefighters to quickly and easily move from one balcony to the next when fighting a fire. During the Star Princess fire, firefighters had to chop their way through since those partitions didn't have the ability to open. The partitions themselves help to stop the spread of fire from one balcony to the next. The way that they are made, shaped, what they are made of etc. is for safety. The Star Princess partitions were made of different materials than the current partitions. NCL used to allow them to be open in certain instances but some people were denied when they requested and then they complained. NCL decided to not allow them to be open for passenger enjoyment. Some stewards will do it (they shouldn't) with the expectation of a tip. Some guests will do it (they shouldn't) on their own. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It would allow a fire to spread. NCL will not open balcony partitions for passengers. 

Didn't think of that....I don't think that small of a partition would really matter in that case, however, if that's what they do, that's what they do 

Thank you for the info

11 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

There's a magnet near the top of the door so it can be attached to the wall. Both sides would need to be open to see the kids next door. 

Not when the connecting door is stuck to the wall. 

The dailies state that requests to open balcony partitions will be denied. 

Balcony partitions have the ability to open for maintenance purposes and for firefighters to quickly and easily move from one balcony to the next when fighting a fire. During the Star Princess fire, firefighters had to chop their way through since those partitions didn't have the ability to open. The partitions themselves help to stop the spread of fire from one balcony to the next. The way that they are made, shaped, what they are made of etc. is for safety. The Star Princess partitions were made of different materials than the current partitions. NCL used to allow them to be open in certain instances but some people were denied when they requested and then they complained. NCL decided to not allow them to be open for passenger enjoyment. Some stewards will do it (they shouldn't) with the expectation of a tip. Some guests will do it (they shouldn't) on their own. 

I appreciate the info.

Is your example specifically for the Encore for the mini suites?  Or is this pretty much standard across the board for adjoining rooms?

13 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

Is your example specifically for the Encore for the mini suites?  Or is this pretty much standard across the board for adjoining rooms?

Breakaway/Getaway/Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore will be the same for standard side balcony connecting staterooms and for side Club Balcony (used to be called mini-suites) connecting staterooms.

Haven connecting staterooms are a bit different depending on forward or aft-facing suites. 

For your particular example, the picture that I posted above is slightly different than what you will see. In your case, when facing the front door from inside, the connecting door will be in the same place but the bed will be near the balcony (12788). The other stateroom will have the connecting door on the right when facing the same direction and the bed will be near the closet.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

10 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Breakaway/Getaway/Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore will be the same for standard side balcony connecting staterooms and for side Club Balcony (used to be called mini-suites) connecting staterooms.

Haven connecting staterooms are a bit different depending on forward or aft-facing suites. 

For your particular example, the picture that I posted above is slightly different than what you will see. In your case, when facing the front door from inside, the connecting door will be in the same place but the bed will be near the balcony (12788). The other stateroom will have the connecting door on the right when facing the same direction and the bed will be near the closet.

Thanks for the info.  So the picture is pretty much true.  

I have another family of 5 that hasn't booked yet so I can forward him the info as well.  He hasn't decided if he wants a BA or a MA room yet.  Sounds like in this case, connecting will be the same for him and his family either way.

Thanks for the knowledge and help.

13 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

He hasn't decided if he wants a BA or a MA room yet.  Sounds like in this case, connecting will be the same for him and his family either way.

The connecting part will be the same. 

The MA will have a slightly larger bathroom than the BA.

The M4 and MA (your area) are basically the same except for bed location and sleeping capacity. There's no Pullman bed in the ceiling for the staterooms that sleep 3. The ones that sleep 4 have a Pullman bed in the ceiling above the sofa bed. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

15 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The connecting part will be the same. 

The MA will have a slightly larger bathroom than the BA.

The M4 and MA (your area) are basically the same except for bed location and sleeping capacity. There's no Pullman bed in the ceiling for the staterooms that sleep 3. The ones that sleep 4 have a Pullman bed in the ceiling above the sofa bed. 

The MA room will have me, the gf, and the 5 year old.  Grandma will be in the M4 with at least one grand child, maybe two, not sure if child#2 is coming.  The five year old may go over to Grandmas room for an overnight visit one or two nights.  That's will give us some adult time 🥰🥰

• Like 1

I realize you do have a connecting cabin, but keep in mind connecting and adjoining are different (we are a family of 7 and have booked connecting rooms countless times). They no longer open up the balconies.

Our connecting club balconies on bliss and encore were similar to what’s been explained. Make sure you keep both doors open if you want access to both rooms. My kid was “stuck” on one side when one door got closed but his key card didn’t open the other room from the outside.  You can get cards programmed for both rooms at guest services but we hadn’t done that yet. 

12 hours ago, thesnoopster2 said:

Its rather obvious, the door is on teh wall between the two rooms regardlrss of the bed location.  Most times the bed is on teh far wall.

Can the partitions be opened, YES.  They do so for cleaning.  Are you allowed to have then open during teh cruise, NO.  That is a major fire hazard.

BTW, just as an FYI,  what you have are CONNECTING cabins not ADJOINING.  Adjoining menas only tha they are side by side.  Connecting means there is a door connectlng the two cabins, thus the name! 🙂

Edited by PartyPlannerLady