Premium Access boarding

dalmoradie

Today, we boarded the Equinox.  Arrived at the port at 10:51am.  No Premium Access signs at the bag drop off so I asked around and nobody seems to know what I was talking about so just left our bags with one of the porters.  Went into the terminal to check-in and no signs anywhere, nobody at the terminal knew what Premium Access was so we just went ahead and boarded with the general population.  Good thing the line moved fast and we were on board by 11:21.  So no big deal but a little disappointed at the lack of signeage and lack of knowledge at the port. Now waiting to go to the special lunch.  

54 minutes ago, dalmoradie said:

Today, we boarded the Equinox.  Arrived at the port at 10:51am.  No Premium Access signs at the bag drop off so I asked around and nobody seems to know what I was talking about so just left our bags with one of the porters.  Went into the terminal to check-in and no signs anywhere, nobody at the terminal knew what Premium Access was so we just went ahead and boarded with the general population.  Good thing the line moved fast and we were on board by 11:21.  So no big deal but a little disappointed at the lack of signeage and lack of knowledge at the port. Now waiting to go to the special lunch.  

Unfortunately, this doesn’t surprise me at all.  I have received several emails about Premier Access, but the last one took me to a site that said more information was forthcoming, so check back later.  I am sorry, especially if you paid for this service.  Sometimes the cart comes before the horse, or should I say, you pay your money first and then hope what you paid for is available.  So many changes without properly ensuring the communication channels is not a good practice.  Good Luck!  Please return and share your feeling regarding all of these services, as I know many would be interested in hearing, along with sharing their own experiences.

Edited by Lastdance

3 hours ago, dalmoradie said:

No Premium Access signs at the bag drop off so I asked around and nobody seems to know what I was talking about so just left our bags with one of the porters.  Went into the terminal to check-in and no signs anywhere, nobody at the terminal knew what Premium Access was so we just went ahead and boarded with the general population.  

I did not think Premium Access including priority boarding.  Last I saw it was early access to the terminal but that was it. 

Here’s what’s included with Premium Access: 

• Premium Wi-Fi for two devices. 
  • Complimentary room service, unlimited (waived delivery fee & gratuities). 
  • Early access at the terminal. 
  • Priority luggage delivery to staterooms. 
  • Welcome lunch in the main dining room served from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm; be sure to select an early boarding time. 
  • Priority departure from ship to shore in ports that require tender service. 
  • Reserved seating at shows in The Theatre. 
  • Express luggage service in the terminal when debarking. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I did not think Premium Access including priority boarding.  Last I saw it was early access to the terminal but that was it. 

• Welcome lunch in the main dining room served from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm; be sure to select an early boarding time. 

Arriving at the terminal 10:51 a.m. would count as early access at the terminal.  The FAQ says there should have been signs of where to go for Premium Access, just like there should have been a luggage drop off.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/media-assets/pmc/content/dam/menus/en/y7j7/Y7J7.pdf

The FAQ do say that these two benefits are not available at every port and lists a few ports but it looks like the Equinox is leaving out Ft. Lauderdale which is not listed as an exemption.  You would think Ft. Lauderdale would be the one port where they would have their act together.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

This is what was included when I booked the cruise and purchased celebrity pass later renamed to premium access in november last year:

Celebrity Pass Includes: 

The program’s biggest draws are upgrades to the ship’s premium Wi-Fi for up to two devices per passenger, priority embarkation, priority debarkation at tender ports, an exclusive welcome lunch, waived room service fees, and reserved seating during formal Evening Chic nights.

• Like 1

But then they tell you to make sure to select an early boarding time for the exclusive lunch.  (Same lunch as Concierge, B2B and Zenith I presume). !!??

I guess that's what you were saying, you can get in the terminal but maybe not board the ship until your assigned boarding time.  Ridiculous

Edited by wrk2cruise

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

But then they tell you to make sure to select an early boarding time for the exclusive lunch.  (Same lunch as Concierge, B2B and Zenith I presume). !!??

I guess that's what you were saying, you can get in the terminal but maybe not board the ship until your assigned boarding time.  Ridiculous

Marketing! I think the assigned times are arrival times not necessarily boarding.  A few cruises ago we arrived at 11:30 (Retreat entrance) ended up in a waiting area with a few hundred others, boarding didn’t start till 12.

Edited by jelayne

It's all marketing! Every cruise line is trying to keep the base price low, and then "package" whatever they think we would like and make us pay extra for it. On that Premium Access package there are mostly things that are totally unneccessary and likely won't be used. The wi-fi and the room service  (which was free until quite recently) are the most valuable for the people who use it and the rest is just "fluff". Never needed luggage before it was delivered, never had any trouble finding luggage on disembarking, and what is being served at the fancy lunch for 1 1/2 hours that is not available elsewhere? If you are on a ship shore excursion you have priority tendering. As some in this thread are saying, the staff at the port don't know anything about it anyway. Is there really a separate place to put "priority" luggage that is different from the place where the "everybody else's"  luggage will go? Are they putting extra stickers on it? Except for suite guests, who really do pay lots more than the rest of us and get good treatment for that reason, I don't like this tendency to divide cruisers into the haves and the have nots, but it looks like it's here to stay. Ready for the arguments.

• Like 2

The inclusions for the package state early access to the terminal and then goes on to say you should select an early arrival time during online checkin so you can make the lunch which ends at 1:30.  Then it says to consult the FAQs which have exactly the same information.   It doesn't say early boarding although it's pretty useless if it doesn't include some sort of priority.