Waterproof mascara & eyeliner

I don't wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner on a regular basis, and I'm not particularly pleased with the brands I've tried for cruises.  Can anyone recommend a brand that you really like?  Here's what I'd like to find:

Mascara -- dark brown or black in a truly waterproof formula -- looking for basic function, not super-long lashes /not trying to look like I have spiders on my eyes 

Eye liner -- liquid eyeliner in dark brown, again in a truly waterproof formula 

Thanks for any suggestions you might make.  

As far as eyeliner, I've used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Waterproof eyeliner pencil for years and years.  Tons of colors, but it's not liquid.  I use the Whiskey color as my everyday brown liner if I don't want to something different (I probably have 12 of their colors).  It's a nice dark matte brown.   They do make a liquid eyeliner, but I never had much luck putting on any liquid eyeliner.

I don't use much mascara at all - only when I'm spiffing up for something really special.  But, when I do, it's Thrive Liquid Lash Extensions mascara.  It's water-resistant.   It does tubes around your lashes and to get it off you wet your fingers and "pull" the tubes off.  It's pretty easy to do and I don't pull out any lashes in the process.  I've used tubing mascara since I first had Blinc mascara years ago.

I hope this one helps.  

• Like 1

I have used Physicians Formula Ultra-Fine Liquid Eyeliner for years. It is very safe for your lashes (mine are delicate for some reason, despite a really healthy head of hair). I use the regular formulation but they have a waterproof version too.

I don't use eyeliner, but as far as mascara, I love Lancome "Big Monsieur" waterproof.  Its the only mascara that Ive found to be truly smudge and flake free, as well as waterproof.  It stays on until I take it off (I take it off with Lancome Bifacil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover and soft cotton pad, like Shiseido facial cotton).  It is a volume mascara, but I just wipe the wand a little before applying 1 coat, and its perfect for me.  

• Like 1

I like Covergirl Lash Blast waterproof in black brown. I snorkel whenever I can and it lasts all day at the beach. If I don't take it off at night it's good for the next day too. I use a lash comb if I happen to put too much on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My go to for mascara is Diorshow Waterproof  (it is my daily and what I travel with)  

For eyeliner my go to is KVD tattoo liner (but I get the trooper which is really a black color I have not tried brown)

On my last trip I used the Dior 24Hour Stylo waterproof (it comes in a matte brown not really a liquid more of a gel but I liked it and it stayed on my eyelids)

tmee