Norwegians shocking demise of quality on all fronts

JT222

3 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Sorry, I missed that probably because I would never sail out of NY. There isn't enough money in the world for that!

I find it to be the most convenient port for us because we can either drive and park there (5.5-hour drive) or do a cheap, direct 45-minute flight. Also, the sail away out of NYC is beautiful! But to each their own!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I find it to be the most convenient port for us because we can either drive and park there (5.5-hour drive) or do a cheap, direct 45-minute flight. Also, the sail away out of NYC is beautiful! But to each their own!

Sail away out of NYC is spectacular and memorable!

Edited by lgdesign
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Sorry, I missed that probably because I would never sail out of NY. There isn't enough money in the world for that!

I can't speak for the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, but Manhattan is the easiest piece of apple pie embarkation port there is....well that I've been to. Miami is the hardest simply because you can't really walk to it. And, Barcelona, well it's ridiculously easy too!

What port do you prefer, and why? I'll have to take a cruise out of there to compare it to NY!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I can't speak for the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, but Manhattan is the easiest piece of apple pie embarkation port there is....well that I've been to. Miami is the hardest simply because you can't really walk to it. And, Barcelona, well it's ridiculously easy too!

What port do you prefer, and why? I'll have to take a cruise out of there to compare it to NY!

ANY cruise port for me is an awesome port.  I do like Manhattan a lot…just wish the itineraries were more exciting.  Port Canaveral is easy-peasy if you’re driving.  San Juan Pan American pier is the worst in terms of traffic congestion outside the terminal.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Yup.  I can take the train to the pier in Manhattan if i want, and the Brooklyn port is practically in my backyard.  And the sail out of NY, Manhattan or Bklyn is great, like no other.  One benefit of living in "the city".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I would never sail out of NY. There isn't enough money in the world for that!

Why not?  I'm not a fan of big cities.  Grew up in a town with less than 1000 people.  I understand a reluctance to go to the "big city," but if all you're doing is departing on a cruise, what difference does it make?  We've only sailed out of MCT once, and it was easy.  Flew into LaGuardia.  Stayed in a nice Hyatt near the airport.  Uber'd into MCT the next morning.  Not a bad drive as long as somebody else is driving.  Upon the return, we planned to Uber but, as the veterans know, cabs are plentiful and easy out of MCT.  The cab ride across Manhattan was wild (in a fun way for us out-of-towners).  Nobody got hurt other than the one too-slow pigeon.  The cab driver was a really nice guy and he even dropped us off where he wasn't supposed to, telling the rent-a-cop that we were disabled.  Well, to be honest, DW did have a bum knee.  In short, it was nothing to avoid, even without "all the money in the world."😎

• Like 2

On 6/13/2024 at 8:47 AM, Yesimapirate said:

Ironically,  you missed the obvious  

We were NCL fans.  We had very good experiences on NCL in the past.  We are not fans of the changes, decrease in service and what we feel to be poor management decisions.   We're hoping they reverse them so we can enjoy NCL vacations again. 

And I happen to be an NCL shareholder and don't own a penny worth of their competition. 

All of this is true for us. We would consider going back if the product improves. For now, they can fill their ships with other guests. Until then, we are voting with our wallet. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Surprising, your profile says you live in PA.

Hop off the bus at 1030, walk 10-15 minutes, flat, easy walk and you are staring at your cruise ship.

Disembark...walk 10-15 minutes to your bus and you are out of NYC by 1030. 

Easy peasy.

• Like 5

On 2/28/2024 at 1:23 PM, gmbhardy said:

For those of you who haven’t noticed a steep decline in the NCL cruising experience, I suggest you take your blinkers off.

Nay!  I mean Neeeiigghhh!

(Blinkers, sometimes known as blinders, are a piece of horse tack that prevent the horse seeing to the rear and, in some cases, to the side.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

We have taken the bus to the Port Authority the few times we sailed out of Manhattan. It is very convenient and cheaper than parking in NYC. We walk to the port from the bus terminal at the Port Authority. I'm not sure how we would do a Brooklyn sail away.

And I agree with everyone who says the sail away is spectacular Who does not get goosebumps when sailing past the Statue of Liberty.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

We have taken the bus to the Port Authority the few times we sailed out of Manhattan. It is very convenient and cheaper than parking in NYC. We walk to the port from the bus terminal at the Port Authority. I'm not sure how we would do a Brooklyn sail away.

And I agree with everyone who says the sail away is spectacular Who does not get goosebumps when sailing past the Statue of Liberty.

I happen to love New York! Love the people, food, and most of all the entertainment. We try to go at least once a year and stay at a hotel on Broadway, to eat at our favorite restaurants and see a few plays. And, (horror of horrors) we even take the subway to the various Burroughs!  In my work life, I would have to travel there on occasion for business, and would take the subway by myself and explore, when my meetings or conferences ended. I was a woman alone.

My husband and I have sailed on the Breakaway from NY to Bermuda, two times! Loved it so much, we did it twice! 😃

Edited by roddy good boy
  • Thanks 1