Carnival Spirit 4k Obstructed View Cabin Question

MistyRo76

31 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

I’m not evening opening your link cause I’m pretty sure I already watched that video and still have PTSD from the shaky camera work! LOL! 

but thank you! 

It is pretty bad and cheesy music haha!

50 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I was in 4137 last year.  Least favorite room ever.  Kept the curtains closed the entire cruise.  Probably the biggest disappointment was I was originally in a 4J on the Freedom before the ships were swapped.  Love a 4J.  No noise, though.

20230225_134412.jpg

Sometimes the views are non existent but if it is only 20 bucks more I will take the balcony configuration and natural light over a regular interior room. Last year I had a regular interior for the Freedom in Feb from Miami and it got switched over to the Spirit and I actually got a true upgrade at no cost..........they stuck me in a regular balcony on deck 5 which was a pleasant surprise. Do the 4J's have any kind of view other than the "secret" deck?. I would feel like a goldfish being watched in one of those! 

No, the 4J’s only have the picture window out to the “secret deck.”  Supposedly people can’t see in during the day unless they stick their nose right up to the glass, but yes, one does feel like a goldfish being watched.  At night the curtains have to be closed for navigational purposes.  I have had those rooms a few times and like the proximity to the secret deck, but I usually kept my curtain closed most of the time.

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

Sometimes the views are non existent but if it is only 20 bucks more I will take the balcony configuration and natural light over a regular interior room. Last year I had a regular interior for the Freedom in Feb from Miami and it got switched over to the Spirit and I actually got a true upgrade at no cost..........they stuck me in a regular balcony on deck 5 which was a pleasant surprise. Do the 4J's have any kind of view other than the "secret" deck?. I would feel like a goldfish being watched in one of those! 

The lifeboat made me claustrophobic.  It isn't a balcony, just a window.  Very little light. 

If you are standing, you can get a pretty good view forward in a 4J.   Glory 4J

IMG_0802.JPG

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The lifeboat made me claustrophobic.  It isn't a balcony, just a window.  Very little light. 

If you are standing, you can get a pretty good view forward in a 4J.   Glory 4J

IMG_0802.JPG

That's pretty darn good view. I remember seeing some of the ones on the Splendor and they were much more recessed and I don't think they had that good a view. I meant balcony configuration as in same layout as a balcony room but no balcony. 

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

That's pretty darn good view. I remember seeing some of the ones on the Splendor and they were much more recessed and I don't think they had that good a view. I meant balcony configuration as in same layout as a balcony room but no balcony. 

How was the motion in this cabin?

5 minutes ago, tha sista said:

I have not stayed in the Splendor 4J rooms, I just remember being on the front deck and noticing the windows pointing forwards. But I can guess they would be prone to a bit more motion due to being high up on the ship and in the front. 

Just now, n6uqqq said:

I have not stayed in the Splendor 4J rooms, I just remember being on the front deck and noticing the windows pointing forwards. But I can guess they would be prone to a bit more motion due to being high up on the ship and in the front. 

It is what i suspect. I’m looking at a couple of these rooms because they are connecting and will hold 4 each. However that location may not work. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

I had a 4J on Splendor for two weeks, B2B Long Beach to Vancouver and back x2.  It was okay.  I was on deck 7, under the bridge, in particular the bathroom on the bridge as I could hear it flush.  With the direction of the waves it felt like we hit every pothole.  EM

Just now, Essiesmom said:

I had a 4J on Splendor for two weeks, B2B Long Beach to Vancouver and back x2.  It was okay.  I was on deck 7, under the bridge, in particular the bathroom on the bridge as I could hear it flush.  With the direction of the waves it felt like we hit every pothole.  EM

Thanks for the info!  I think I will avoid. 

14 hours ago, tha sista said:

Occasionally, you feel you are on a ship but I like that.   I love the forward cabins, done many forward porthole cabins.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Under the bridge is interesting..if you don't close (or reopen since the room attendants will close them) the curtains at night, you will get a knock on the door quickly to close them. Sometimes it is your room attendant who got an order to resolve this issue NOW! You can see up close when officers are out on the bridge wing.  You may hear chairs being moved on the bridge.  

Another thing about those 4J cabins is that many of them don’t have couches.  So if that’s important to you, try to be sure yours does have a couch.  I have had that cabin type 4-5 times, always without a couch.