Carnival Spirit 4k Obstructed View Cabin Question

MistyRo76

Hi all, 

Preparing to book our Alaska cruise on the Spirit for next year. I'm helping my sis choose her cabin as she wants to be near us. We are booking 4131. The closest cabin for 2 people to our cabin is 4115. I pulled this location up using the cabin check feature on the cruise deck plans site. This cabin isn't directly over the piano bar area, but it is fairly close. Anyone have experience with cabins in this general area? Would love to hear your feedback on the noise levels. 

Our cabin is further down and is right over the promenade walkway so I think my family will be fine there. 

image.thumb.png.a1140e134fcfa28b9110d3cb28c281c8.png

I love the 4K cabins.  We stayed in 4111 on the Miracle for our Hawaii Cruise and didn't hear anything.  Inside cabin the same size as a balcony cabin with a couch.  Yes, your view is obstructed but you still get light from outside.

37 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

$4.000 for an obstructed view cabin on Carnival's Spirit for two people?  

That sound high.  This is for 2025?

I never said that our cabins were $4,000. I am booked in cabin # 4131 and my sister is looking to book cabin #4115, but wants to make sure the noise from the Piano Bar below isn't going to be an issue. We are usually out fairly late anyway...and the cabin isn't directly on top of the piano bar. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I love the 4K cabins.  We stayed in 4111 on the Miracle for our Hawaii Cruise and didn't hear anything.  Inside cabin the same size as a balcony cabin with a couch.  Yes, your view is obstructed but you still get light from outside.

Great! Thank you for your feedback. That makes us feel better! I'm excited for this cabin. It's a great value for sure. That $1500 we are saving by NOT booking a balcony on this trip will go a long way toward some fun excursions! 

• Like 1

My memory is not the greatest.  I went back and looked and we actually stayed in cabin 4115.  The window is actually between the 2 life boats so your obstructed view is not bad.  You can see out but it is a narrow view.  Better than being directly behind the life boat.

• Like 3

We've been in 4119 and 4147 on the Pride and 4124 on the Miracle.. no noise issues. We love the 4k cabins for their size (having the couch is always a plus), deck 4 location, peek-a-boo view of the water and natural light.

• Like 2

The cabins with the peekaboo peek of the ocean between lifeboats are 4114 and 4115, 4122 and 4123, 4132 and 4133, 4140 and 4141, 4148 and 4149, and futher back 4194 and 4195. My only concern for these would be 4114 and 4122 which are close the piano bar below.

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Hi all, 

Preparing to book our Alaska cruise on the Spirit for next year. I'm helping my sis choose her cabin as she wants to be near us. We are booking 4131. The closest cabin for 2 people to our cabin is 4115. I pulled this location up using the cabin check feature on the cruise deck plans site. This cabin isn't directly over the piano bar area, but it is fairly close. Anyone have experience with cabins in this general area? Would love to hear your feedback on the noise levels. 

Our cabin is further down and is right over the promenade walkway so I think my family will be fine there. 

image.thumb.png.a1140e134fcfa28b9110d3cb28c281c8.png

If not learn to enjoy "Piano Man" nightly 🤣 but you should be fine.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

So sorry.  When I saw the 4K in the thread title i thought you meant $4,000.  My mistake.

It’s just funny cause you’re the second person to do the same thing! Happened on a different thread when I mentioned I was looking into the category 4k cabins. They thought I meant an interior for $4k. Lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dallasdan said:

My memory is not the greatest.  I went back and looked and we actually stayed in cabin 4115.  The window is actually between the 2 life boats so your obstructed view is not bad.  You can see out but it is a narrow view.  Better than being directly behind the life boat.

That’s exactly why we got that cabin for my sis! 

55 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

It’s just funny cause you’re the second person to do the same thing! Happened on a different thread when I mentioned I was looking into the category 4k cabins. They thought I meant an interior for $4k. Lol

So what is a 4K stateroom?  ;  )

Our daughter stayed in 4115.  Nice view for the price.  It had a good view looking straight out with large windows.  She didn't have any problems with noise.  It was a really good value.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

So what is a 4K stateroom?  ;  )

4K room is a Spirit class interior room which coincidentally is on deck 4. It is interior room but has floor to ceiling window with lifeboats blocking most of the rooms view. A select few are in between lifeboats and have a narrow limited view. They are a good deal for the money usually and have the same configuration as a regular balcony room with a couch. 

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And, our second room in addition to 4133 was another 4K obstructed interior between lifeboats.  A few weeks before sailing we received an offer for a balcony on deck 7 for an additional $66 which we took, giving up the second 4K room.  It was not obstructed.  We never received a call but noticed the offer on our planner.

We love the Spirit.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

4K room is a Spirit class interior room which coincidentally is on deck 4. It is interior room but has floor to ceiling window with lifeboats blocking most of the rooms view. A select few are in between lifeboats and have a narrow limited view. They are a good deal for the money usually and have the same configuration as a regular balcony room with a couch. 

And quite a few years ago, you could open the door for fresh air, no balcony or step out, but having the door open was nice.
I had one on the Pride a long time ago. I love those cabins. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Vahevala said:

We had room 4133 on Spirit to Alaska.

This was our view.

IMG_5340.jpeg

We have the cabins right next door - 4131. Also in between the boats! Can’t wait! 

3 hours ago, Vahevala said:

And, our second room in addition to 4133 was another 4K obstructed interior between lifeboats.  A few weeks before sailing we received an offer for a balcony on deck 7 for an additional $66 which we took, giving up the second 4K room.  It was not obstructed.  We never received a call but noticed the offer on our planner.

We love the Spirit.

We’re used to having a balcony but right now they are $1400-1500 more than the 4k cabins. But I’d definitely jump on that upgrade off for that much! I’ll have to keep my eye out! 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/29/2024 at 8:22 PM, MistyRo76 said:

We have the cabins right next door - 4131. Also in between the boats! Can’t wait! 

If you want to get an idea of your view the link below has some photos on sister ships Legend and Pride and a video of the Spirit room 4131. For your sanity you may want to go right to the 2:25 mark to escape the jittery camera work and lousy music 🤣

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/cabin-pick.php?c=2654

Edited by n6uqqq

I was in 4137 last year.  Least favorite room ever.  Kept the curtains closed the entire cruise.  Probably the biggest disappointment was I was originally in a 4J on the Freedom before the ships were swapped.  Love a 4J.  No noise, though.

20230225_134412.jpg

On 2/29/2024 at 8:15 PM, tonit964 said:

And quite a few years ago, you could open the door for fresh air, no balcony or step out, but having the door open was nice.
I had one on the Pride a long time ago. I love those cabins. 

Same! Pride out out of Baltimore years ago. In between lifeboats and you could open door for fresh air. Looking  that lifeboat right in the face in Elaine’s post is kind of scary to me lol. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

If you want to get an idea of your view the link below has some photos on sister ships Legend and Pride and a video of the Spirit room 4131. For your sanity you may want to go right to the 2:25 mark to escape the jittery camera work and lousy music 🤣

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/cabin-pick.php?c=2654

I’m not evening opening your link cause I’m pretty sure I already watched that video and still have PTSD from the shaky camera work! LOL! 

but thank you! 

Edited by MistyRo76
  • Like 1