Bocce ball

IDL

Do any of the Edge class ships still offer bocce ball on the lawn deck?  When the Edge was first introduced a large section of the lawn deck was dedicated for lawn games.  Went on the Beyond recently and didn’t see any dedicated game space on the lawn outside of an open pickleball court.   

16 minutes ago, IDL said:

Do any of the Edge class ships still offer bocce ball on the lawn deck?  When the Edge was first introduced a large section of the lawn deck was dedicated for lawn games.  Went on the Beyond recently and didn’t see any dedicated game space on the lawn outside of an open pickleball court.   

The Apex didn't have a Lawn Club/deck. Are you sure about the E class ships/Beyond? I know the S class ships have the Lawn Club/deck. Are you talking about the Roof Top Garden area? 

Edited by doghog

1 hour ago, doghog said:

The Apex didn't have a Lawn Club/deck. Are you sure about the E class ships/Beyond? I know the S class ships have the Lawn Club/deck. Are you talking about the Roof Top Garden area? 

Yes

• Thanks 1

There is no lawn on E class ships.  The Roof Top Garden has hard surface flooring not suitable for bocce.   On our recent cruise on the Ascent pickleball was offered a few hours in the morning on sea day at the RTG.

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

There is no lawn on E class ships.  The Roof Top Garden has hard surface flooring not suitable for bocce.   On our recent cruise on the Ascent pickleball was offered a few hours in the morning on sea day at the RTG.

on our cruise is was p.m. til 5:30..plink.plink plink!

37 minutes ago, hcat said:

on our cruise is was p.m. til 5:30..plink.plink plink!

Thats crazy.  So no watching a movie, reading a book, lunch at the RTG without that noise- ugh.

When I saw it listed in the a.m I thought that was great, pickleball players have a time and place and others can enjoy the area at lunch and on into the day.

Edited by jelayne

Never seen Bocce Ball on any Celebrity Ship   I've see Crockett on S-Class with the Lawn Club.

I would think you would need some type of a Clay Court in order to play Bocce and even then might be disruptive is someone had a room under a court.

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Never seen Bocce Ball on any Celebrity Ship   I've see Crockett on S-Class with the Lawn Club.

I would think you would need some type of a Clay Court in order to play Bocce and even then might be disruptive is someone had a room under a court.

Was played directly on the grass; the game can be played on different surfaces. 

27 minutes ago, IDL said:

I thought so..At least these areas were  used as designed..putting, bocce.

On Ascent  they have turned almost every space into a sports arena.. putting, curling,  pickle ball..Not much for just sitting!

1 hour ago, IDL said:

Agree. I've seen others play on the grass on the S class ships. 

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We regularly play bocce on the lawn on S class ships.  The bocce balls are put on the lawn for anyone who wants to play.  Some cruises theee have been Officers vs Guests bocce.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, IDL said:

Thanks for pointing out.   I'm simply saying I've never seen it played on any Celebrity Ship.     

Edited by Jim_Iain

39 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We regularly play bocce on the lawn on S class ships.  The bocce balls are put on the lawn for anyone who wants to play.  Some cruises theee have been Officers vs Guests bocce.

I'll have to take a look.    I walk 10 miles a day around the track and just has never noticed it.  But then again I'm usually enthralled in e-book mystery novels.