Can I bring a heating pad?

Plugging a heating pad into a 110v outlet on a cruise ship will nearly guarantee a blackout for your cabin and the cabins around you.

A 220v heating pad might work, but since it is a dangerous heat source, the cruise lines will not allow it. Hot water bottle is the way to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donald said:

Plugging a heating pad into a 110v outlet on a cruise ship will nearly guarantee a blackout for your cabin and the cabins around you.

A 220v heating pad might work, but since it is a dangerous heat source, the cruise lines will not allow it. Hot water bottle is the way to go.

Never seen that myself, as a heating pad draws only about 250 watt, while hair dryers are typically 1500-1800 watts, and unless more than one of those is plugged into the 110v circuit you generally don't trip the breaker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

On our last cruise, one of my wife’s luggage bags wasn’t delivered along with the others. I asked her if there was anything in it that might be prohibited 🙂. The reply was “no”. Long story short, she’d packed a heating pad and it got confiscated. We were on a B2B cruise and after the first cruise ended we saw it, along with the other confiscated heating pads, set out on a table, for the departing cruisers, (we were debarking along with the other B2B cruisers to go to Customs and immediately re-board). When our second cruise ended, she went to claim her’s and it was no where to be seen / found. I hopes this helps someone in the future so they won’t experience what my DW did. 

Edited by 14Terry