World Navigator - Horizon Suite (Deck 6)

We are considering booking a Horizon Stateroom on deck 6 on the Iceland/Norway Treasures cruise in July. I'm concerned with noise above from the zodiac storage room. Has anyone who has stayed in one of these cabins on deck 6 experienced noise from above?  I'm not even sure if they will use the zodiacs on a non-polar cruise. Also, I would welcome any opinions on horizon vs veranda on this type of itinerary. We think we prefer the extra room that the horizon stateroom offers. Thank you!

We were in 631 (Navigator) last year in Antartica and enjoyed the extra space and good views. I would go for this cabin on any sailing in areas where temps would limit sitting outside. No issue with noise. The overhand from the zodiac storage was an advantage as the drop down window was protected when we opened it during snow showers. I would chose deck 6 over deck 5 for that reason.  When I did want to get out it is just a few steps to the aft sundeck which has cover as well. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kayakcove said:

We were in 631 (Navigator) last year in Antartica and enjoyed the extra space and good views. I would go for this cabin on any sailing in areas where temps would limit sitting outside. No issue with noise. The overhand from the zodiac storage was an advantage as the drop down window was protected when we opened it during snow showers. I would chose deck 6 over deck 5 for that reason.  When I did want to get out it is just a few steps to the aft sundeck which has cover as well. 

Thank you. 

I spend some time yesterday compiling my own brochure of the Atlas accommodations.  I had come to a similar conclusion, that the Horizon cabins are preferable to the Verandas because the extra space inside means you get a nice couch and two chairs and the window slides open for air if you want it.  But I hadn't figured out that there was a benefit to deck 6 over deck 5 – as described that would make it worth paying the premium.  Thanks!

[edited to add:  tried to post Atlas Accommodations brochure, but CC doesn't work for large pdf files.  Email me (in my signature) and I will send it to you.]

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I spend some time yesterday compiling my own brochure of the Atlas accommodations.  I had come to a similar conclusion, that the Horizon cabins are preferable to the Verandas because the extra space inside means you get a nice couch and two chairs and the window slides open for air if you want it.  But I hadn't figured out that there was a benefit to deck 6 over deck 5 – as described that would make it worth paying the premium.  Thanks!

[edited to add:  tried to post Atlas Accommodations brochure, but CC doesn't work for large pdf files.  Email me (in my signature) and I will send it to you.]

I have never figured out how to email someone “in my signature”. Where is your signature? I’ve been a member of CC for 25 years.

1 hour ago, LewiLewi said:

I have never figured out how to email someone “in my signature”. Where is your signature? I’ve been a member of CC for 25 years.

At the bottom of every post I make.

Screenshot2024-03-03at9_53_26AM.thumb.png.820a739a0ebaed0169308614756421f0.png

I agree with KayakCove. We were just in cabin 632 for the 2/4/24 - 2/15/24 Antarctica cruise and loved the Horizon Suite. Really enjoyed the extra room with couch and two chairs, no noise from above and a few steps outside access to the covered aft sundeck. One of the nice options for Antarctica for these rooms was dropping the window and taking pictures of the beautiful scenery without getting cold! Go for it!

On 3/3/2024 at 9:54 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

At the bottom of every post I make.

Screenshot2024-03-03at9_53_26AM.thumb.png.820a739a0ebaed0169308614756421f0.png

When I look at your posts on my device, your email does not show up, nor does anyone’s. I wonder if something is wrong with my CC system.

1 hour ago, LewiLewi said:

When I look at your posts on my device, your email does not show up, nor does anyone’s. I wonder if something is wrong with my CC system.

While signed in to Cruise Critic, go to: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/settings/signature/

You will see a toggle to view signatures, or not.

On 3/2/2024 at 1:01 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I just emailed you.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

One additional question on this topic, please.

If I understand the consensus correctly, the Horizon Deluxe Stateroom is preferable to Horizon Stateroom even for either a Caribbean or Western Med sailings?

TIA and bon voyage

26 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

One additional question on this topic, please.

If I understand the consensus correctly, the Horizon Deluxe Stateroom is preferable to Horizon Stateroom even for either a Caribbean or Western Med sailings?

TIA and bon voyage

The Horizon Deluxe Stateroom has the bed next to the horizontal sliding windows and I am not sure if the sitting area has any view.  The Horizon Stateroom has the sitting area next to the windows and the bed closer to the bathroom. I prefer the latter.

• Thanks 1