Bed location on Equinox

This is of 0 help to you, but the E class ships have a notch in the deck plans to represent the headboard. I wonder why the older ships do not do the same.🤔 I am currently trying to figure this out for a VV ship.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, 39august said:

The black square on the deck plan indicates bed by the bath.

The black square indicates a sofa bed.  And if it was the bed location it would alternate every other stateroom on the deck plans, which it does not.

The bed location does repeat every other stateroom, but I am not aware of anything on the deck plans to indicate that.  There have been other threads where this has been identified, however.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, radioman said:

How can you tell if the bed is located by the bathroom or patio on the Celebrity Equinox class V1 and V2 (deck 8 and 9)?  Thanks

Generally, they alternate balcony - bathroom -- balcony --bathroom, etc.

Cruisedeckplans dot com has pics so one can figure it out. 

(Corrected as per 39August post after this post)

Here's some examples of what I see:

----------------------------------------------------------

In the bow area deck 8 V2s

8187 is by the balcony  (Port)

8185 is by the bathroom (Port)

8114 is by the balcony (Starboard)

8116 is by the bathroom (Starboard)

---------------------------------------------------------

Bow in front of hump deck 8 V2s

No pics for Port side so I can't be sure.

8216 is by the balcony (Starboard)

8214 is by the bathroom (Starboard)

Aft in back of hump deck 8 V2s

8327 is by the balcony (Port)

8311 is by the bathroom (Port)

8312 is by the balcony (Starboard)

8310 is by the bathroom (Starboard)

--------------------------------------------------------

V1s on hump Deck 8

No pics for Port side so I can't be sure.

8240 is by the balcony (Starboard)

8246 is by the bathroom (Starboard)

-----------------------------------------------------------

In the bow area deck 9 V1s

9145 is by the balcony  (Port)

9151 is by the bathroom (Port)

9128 is by the balcony (Starboard)

9134 is by the bathroom (Starboard)

I couldn't find any definitive pics on the rest of deck 9...in fact I found a conflicting set of pics

on the bath-bal-bath order of things...I think those folks submitted pics but put down the wrong stateroom number.

So, this data is only as good as what is on cruisedeckplans dot com. (That's my disclaimer...lol)

I hope this helps...

Edited by dlh015
  • Thanks 1

You do NOT have to be a member on cruisedeckplans. I look at these all the time. There are certain pics available to all and certain pics only for members. I have watched many videos of various cabins and am not a member. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 39august said:

You do NOT have to be a member on cruisedeckplans. I look at these all the time. There are certain pics available to all and certain pics only for members. I have watched many videos of various cabins and am not a member. 

I stand corrected...

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The black square indicates a sofa bed.  And if it was the bed location it would alternate every other stateroom on the deck plans, which it does not.

The black square or the triangle refer to cabins that sleep three or four.  Those cabins always have the bed by the bathroom.  The cabins do alternate although not every cabin that has the bed by the bathroom sleeps extra guests.  What you do is locate the closest cabin to you that has the black icon and count backwards or forwards to your cabin.  If you were next door to a black iconed cabin you have the bed by the balcony.  Two cabins away from the black icon will be bed by bathroom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

The black square or the triangle refer to cabins that sleep three or four.  Those cabins always have the bed by the bathroom.  The cabins do alternate although not every cabin that has the bed by the bathroom sleeps extra guests.  What you do is locate the closest cabin to you that has the black icon and count backwards or forwards to your cabin.  If you were next door to a black iconed cabin you have the bed by the balcony.  Two cabins away from the black icon will be bed by bathroom.

Specifically:  The black square indicates a sofa bed.  The black diamond indicates one upper berth.  The black circle indicates two upper berths.  Those with both the black square and the black triangle indicated a sofa bed with one upper berth.

As indicated, I knew that the location alternated every other stateroom. I was not aware that a stateroom with either or both symbols indicated that the bed was near the bathroom.  That would make sense, at least with the upper berth, and of course would then be the key to the alternating pattern.  Good to know.  Thanks.

@39august that also clarifies your statement that I questioned.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I am looking to book 2 rooms side by side (same alcove) on deck 10 - concierge aft/port side on Equinox.  How can I find out if the rooms  can connect or are side by side in same alcove? The agent at Celebrity said he can not give me that information. Also I would like to know the bed configuration if possible but main concern is the side by side info. For example if I want room 1285 and 1283. Thank you.

Edited by E-T-C-M

Not sure what you mean by “side by side same alcove.”  There are no “alcoves” relative to the cabins.  To see if a cabin is connecting there will be a black line linking the cabins.  Check out cabin number 1251 and 1253 and you’ll see the line.  The cabins you reference are not connecting.  To see bed placement see my instructions in post #8.  IMG_5913.thumb.png.7c87467c35e32ff380655d3dfc54c381.png

5 hours ago, E-T-C-M said:

I am looking to book 2 rooms side by side (same alcove) on deck 10 - concierge aft/port side on Equinox.  How can I find out if the rooms  can connect or are side by side in same alcove? The agent at Celebrity said he can not give me that information. Also I would like to know the bed configuration if possible but main concern is the side by side info. For example if I want room 1285 and 1283. Thank you.

If you are looking at the port side, find the stateroom with the bed by the bath.  You can find it by locating the "square" which annotates a stateroom with fold out sofa bed.  All those staterooms have bed by the bath.  Once you find the bed by the bath, the stateroom to the left will have bed by the balcony and will share the same "alcove" as the staterooms are built in modules of two. 

Your example of 1283/1285, to find the stateroom with bed by the bath, you count from 1287 (square/bed by bath).  Every other stateroom will have bed by bath, so 1283 will have bed by the bath.  It will share an alcove with 1285 (bed by the balcony).

I assume from your post you are not looking for "connecting" cabins, just alcove sharing.  Connecting staterooms will have a line connecting the two.  Example:  1251/1253.  Those are the only two staterooms in your area that are connecting.

On 3/3/2024 at 2:01 PM, helen haywood said:

The black square or the triangle refer to cabins that sleep three or four.  Those cabins always have the bed by the bathroom. 

Actually not true as we recently sailed Equinox on deck 11 in SV 1668 and the bed was by the balcony