White/blank space forward on deck 7 on Vista

Posted (edited)

I am looking at an itinerary on the Vista next year. In looking at available cabins, there is one forward on deck 7. There is a large space in front of these cabins showing the bow of the ship on the deck plans. It is blank and does not show anything in this area. Does anyone know what this area is?  Is it accessible to passengers or a protected area?  Thank you 

Edited by Vineyard View

39 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I am looking at an itinerary on the Vista next year. In looking at available cabins, there is one forward on deck 7. There is a large space in front of these cabins showing the bow of the ship on the deck plans. It is blank and does not show anything in this area. Does anyone know what this area is?  Is it accessible to passengers or a protected area?  Thank you 

I know exactly what is there...I have been in that "forbidden" 😄 space.A few weeks ago while on Vista I was surveying locations for a possible future cruise cabin. I asked the stateroom attendant what was on the other side of the door in the hallway next to cabin 7001 on the port side. He opened the door and let me take a half step into the crew cabin corridor which runs sideways along the entire wall of cabin 7001. Told me the same situation exists adjacent to cabin 7000 on the port side of the ship. I would have no concerns about booking a cabin there unless you are worried about the crew hallway door opening and closing as crew comes and goes from their shifts. I would think that would not be a problem

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you. I have known that to be in various deck locations on ships, but the entire bow is different. Thank you for responding. 

Looking at a photo of that area on Vista's sister ship Riviera, it is outside and looks to be non-skid decking (crew) rather than teak-planked (passenger).  Add to that, none of the YouTube ship tours show it.

Not sure what it's for, though.  Anchoring and dock lines are handled one deck below.

Thank you Snaefell3 for your response. I believe that Edgee was able to discern what this is on their recent Vista sailing - crew quarters. That surprised me. Maybe their ceiling is what you are describing above. I would think that if it was an area for passengers, it would be called out on the deck plans schematics/plans. 

We were recently on deck 7 forward, almost all the on Marina and there is definitely crew quarters past the white door. We saw the CD multiple times going through it and down the hallway. Towards the end of our cruise he was moving to a regular room down the hall that wasn't being used. He told me that since he was going home and there was a new CD replacing him she would be getting his current room. I think they were on the ship overlapping for about a week. We also saw other multiple crew members using that hallway. 

27 minutes ago, ORV said:

We were recently on deck 7 forward, almost all the on Marina and there is definitely crew quarters past the white door. We saw the CD multiple times going through it and down the hallway. Towards the end of our cruise he was moving to a regular room down the hall that wasn't being used. He told me that since he was going home and there was a new CD replacing him she would be getting his current room. I think they were on the ship overlapping for about a week. We also saw other multiple crew members using that hallway. 

Thank you for this. I appreciate it ORV.  So I wonder how often that door gets used during the night. I could care less during the day. I just am thinking that if your cabin was directly adjacent to that door, how much one might hear it (particularly based on all the dialogue around thin walls in TBD areas on Vista). Not trying to change the subject of this thread, please, but I would wonder on any ship, on any line. 

On Marina it's perpendicular to the cabins. There is only one cabin by the door to it. On Marina & Riviera it's a door in the hallway. We were 4 cabins away from it and never heard a thing from it. As I haven't been on Vista I can't speak to the layout on it. 

Posted (edited)

Based on deck plans, there would be a cabin on each side of the door. And available cabin is right up against it. It initially attracted me because it may have meant no one next to it. 

Edited by Vineyard View

Did some more google-fu and found a beautiful drone shot of that forward area on Vista's deck 7.  Unlike Riviera, it is not a simple weather deck, but most of it is covered by a windowless structure that screams "crew only".

• Like 2

I see what you are talking about. Thank you very much for this extra effort. I appreciate it!  

I still do wonder about having a cabin butting up next to crew quarters.  I’ve never experienced that. 

22 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I see what you are talking about. Thank you very much for this extra effort. I appreciate it!  

I still do wonder about having a cabin butting up next to crew quarters.  I’ve never experienced that. 

The crew in these quarters are management and officers so I don't think you will have to worry about them making too much noise ....

On 3/3/2024 at 8:17 PM, edgee said:

I know exactly what is there...I have been in that "forbidden" 😄 space.A few weeks ago while on Vista I was surveying locations for a possible future cruise cabin. I asked the stateroom attendant what was on the other side of the door in the hallway next to cabin 7001 on the port side. He opened the door and let me take a half step into the crew cabin corridor which runs sideways along the entire wall of cabin 7001. Told me the same situation exists adjacent to cabin 7000 on the port side of the ship. I would have no concerns about booking a cabin there unless you are worried about the crew hallway door opening and closing as crew comes and goes from their shifts. I would think that would not be a problem

We had the room next to the bridge on one of the ships and were told in advance that the officers coming going might be a noise issue. We never heard them. And the laundry was across the hall and no issues there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DoulaAnn said:

We had the room next to the bridge on one of the ships and were told in advance that the officers coming going might be a noise issue. We never heard them.

Watchstanding officers all have been day sleepers on the receiving end of banging doors and hence well aware of the issue.

• Like 1