Excursion availability

Is there any way to check for shore excursion availability on a particular voyage before you have made a booking?  I'm a little late in booking for this year but don't want to book a cruise if the good excursions are already sold out.  Thanks!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Is there any way to check for shore excursion availability on a particular voyage before you have made a booking?  I'm a little late in booking for this year but don't want to book a cruise if the good excursions are already sold out.  Thanks!

Take a look at this thread below.  In particular examine Post #4. The post has manual instructions on how to see the available shorex list for every sailing. However if you look at the signature area of Post #4, you will see a link that takes you to a spreadsheet which is set up to provide the shorex list. Be sure to be signed out of the Celebrity website for either of these hacks to work. 

I cannot remember if I mentioned this before to you, but my wife’s family spent a significant amount of time at the tiny atoll of Kwajalein back in the 1980’s. My father in law was hired as the civilian police chief at Kwajalein.  My wife has fond memories of diving there while my sister in law went to high school there. 

Edited by mahdnc

Those instructions get through to the list of shore excursions but I think the OPwants to know how many of them are booked on a particular cruise already.  And which ones are still available for a booking. I don’t know any way to find out that information before you sign up for the cruise

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Those instructions get through to the list of shore excursions but I think the OPwants to know how many of them are booked on a particular cruise already.  And which ones are still available for a booking. I don’t know any way to find out that information before you sign up for the cruise

The method I recommended does show the availability of the individual shorex's including ones that are sold out.  It is as if you are looking at the Cruise Planner for a sailing that you have booked.  So we are good!

image.png.74cfa26555e062d9b504d80c8dc0a9cd.png

image.png.1ba248ba841b2b8a2bd9149019720ca8.png

Edited by mahdnc

Unfortunately that does not work - it throws me back to a 'sign into your account' page, which of course I don't have since no cruise is booked as yet!  GRRRR

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Unfortunately that does not work - it throws me back to a 'sign into your account' page, which of course I don't have since no cruise is booked as yet!  GRRRR

Try a different web browser.  Make sure you are signed out of the Celebrity Cruises website (which you probably were).

If you want to tell us which sailing you were looking at, we can see if it works on our end.

Edited by mahdnc

19 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

I note that excursions showing as sold out means little if well before your cruise as many will cancell the excursion or the cruise.

Also note via the roll call there are often lots of private excursions.  On a recent Norway cruise there was one or more private groups for all 8 ports.

Lots of private companies offer excursions.  Often exactly the same for less.

Last, I book with a TA.  Almost always get refundable deposits and OBC.