Sun Princess Staterooms & Categories

21 minutes ago, dlca1 said:

Is there any feedback from those who have sailed on Sun Princess about noise level for deck 6 balcony rooms that are underneath the unlabeled space between Crown Grill and OMalley's (Deck 7)

I'm usually really careful about studying the deck map.  I rushed to grab the last two adjacent balconies and forgot to look around. I'm now worried because my wife is a light sleeper and gets grumpy if her sleep is disturbed by noise.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 7.36.24 PM.png

A good question (which I don't have the answer to) since that configuration looks like it is either a shared kitchen area or two distinct kitchens without the details in the diagram.  Another example of a large white space is between the Reserve and Signature Restaurants that has been identified as a shared kitchen.  If that is true in this case, neither Crown Grill nor O'Malley's serve breakfast so I would suspect little, if any, early morning noises.  I'm not sure what time dinner service ends in both restaurants and what you would consider too late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We cancelled our Reserve Cabana mini for next Jan.We rebooked the Vista on Oceania this time doing a PH.We did book a reserve mini on the Majestic for 2026. It has one of the rather odd but larger balconies.Any comments on this type of cabin would be appreciated.

On 4/26/2024 at 1:50 PM, rbtan said:

We cancelled our Reserve Cabana mini for next Jan.We rebooked the Vista on Oceania this time doing a PH.We did book a reserve mini on the Majestic for 2026. It has one of the rather odd but larger balconies.Any comments on this type of cabin would be appreciated.

Maybe search under Majestic or start a new thread as this is a Sun-specific thread? 🙂

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 2:11 PM, jwattle said:

Maybe search under Majestic or start a new thread as this is a Sun-specific thread? 🙂

Hi Guys, it's only me Tony I just like to say your cabin has to be better than mine. See photo 😳 😀

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tont

IMG_3643.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Guys, it's only me Tony I just like to say your cabin has to be better than mine. See photo 😳 😀

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tont

IMG_3643.jpeg

Don't worry Tony; we always have a spare room for you friend!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2024 at 11:10 PM, reedprincess said:

3rd and 4th berth will be set up like this..it's a flip over sofa and a Pullman berth..

FB_IMG_1713199919285.jpg

Thanks for posting the above pic - Hubby and I are travelling next March on the Sun with our sons who will be 13 & 15 at time of sailing.

Can you advise on how you managed this space with the reduction in room service?

In the old days (the last time we sailed four in a cabin in 2018) they would put away the bed from the ceiling and convert the lower bed into a couch in the morning and reverse the process the evening.

The only time we have sailed with an additional (third) berth since the reduction to one room service daily (on Carnival) it meant that the couch remained a bed for the entire cruise so we lost that space to use during the day. Didn't bother me as this was my hubby's cabin with our sons and I was in a second cabin with my daughter... but I have heard tales that this was a bone of contention in the "boys" cabin the entire week.

I'm looking for a good strategy to make our stateroom functional with four adult sized people sharing the space and likely not having access to a couch or other seating in cabin for 14 days.

Thanks!

I love seeing all the wonderful pics of the various cabins on this gorgeous ship. 

The reserve collection seem really special but I couldn't justify the cost to upgrade when booking for next March - even though with hubby, myself and our two teenaged sons, we certainly could use that additional space! 

We are fortunate though to have been able to secure a cove balcony cabin and I have been searching since the Sun's launch for any photos or videos of what one actually looks like. If anyone can point me to or share some real images (not just Princess renderings) that would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, JillK said:

Thanks for posting the above pic - Hubby and I are travelling next March on the Sun with our sons who will be 13 & 15 at time of sailing.

Can you advise on how you managed this space with the reduction in room service?

In the old days (the last time we sailed four in a cabin in 2018) they would put away the bed from the ceiling and convert the lower bed into a couch in the morning and reverse the process the evening.

The only time we have sailed with an additional (third) berth since the reduction to one room service daily (on Carnival) it meant that the couch remained a bed for the entire cruise so we lost that space to use during the day. Didn't bother me as this was my hubby's cabin with our sons and I was in a second cabin with my daughter... but I have heard tales that this was a bone of contention in the "boys" cabin the entire week.

I'm looking for a good strategy to make our stateroom functional with four adult sized people sharing the space and likely not having access to a couch or other seating in cabin for 14 days.

Thanks!

On our two Princess cruises in 2023 we had twice a day service by our steward.  Hopefully someone will chime in if that has changed since last summer.

11 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

Twice daily room service is still going on Princess you should be able to have the beds made at night and put away in the morning.

Oh that's great news thanks - not sure why but I thought Princess had also reduced to once a day. Appreciate the clarification!