CCL Shareholder OBC Lives!!!

2 minutes ago, salty dingo said:

I agree, it appears the shareholder benefit has been discontinued in 2025.

Here's the 2024 Shareholder Meeting Agenda and there is no mention of the shareholder benefit up for a vote. FYI, there was also no proposal up for vote on the shareholder benefit at the 2023 Annual Meeting. Despite what some have said in this forum, the shareholders do not vote for or against offering the benefit. It's solely offered at the discretion of management.

Check back a few weeks after the annual meeting.

This is the first year the process for applying for the OBC has been drastically changed.

• Like 1

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Check back a few weeks after the annual meeting.

This is the first year the process for applying for the OBC has been drastically changed.

I will - nobody wants the benefit continued more than I do. It would give me $300 of free stuff in 2025. I'm just not optimistic about it, unfortunately.

Just now, salty dingo said:

I will - nobody wants the benefit continued more than I do. It would give me $300 of free stuff in 2025. I'm just not optimistic about it, unfortunately.

It just recently got extended to the end of this year which is six months better than we were a couple weeks ago. Like Blerk said they have changed things up and to me renewing it on a calendar year basis makes much more sense than mid year like it was. I am cautiously optimistic that Carnival would not want to rock the boat and discontinue a cherished by many benefit. 

1 hour ago, salty dingo said:

I agree, it appears the shareholder benefit has been discontinued in 2025.

Here's the 2024 Shareholder Meeting Agenda and there is no mention of the shareholder benefit up for a vote. FYI, there was also no proposal up for vote on the shareholder benefit at the 2023 Annual Meeting. Despite what some have said in this forum, the shareholders do not vote for or against offering the benefit. It's solely offered at the discretion of management.

Also, last year the benefit was published in the Annual Report, not voted on at the meeting, and it's not in there this year. To me, this implies that management has used their discretion to not continue the benefit. If I had to guess, they have figured out it's eating into their bottom line too much for people like me, who bought 100 shares for $850 to get hundreds of dollars a year of discounts in return. Even at the current price, it really is a deal too good to be true. Before Covid you'd probably have spend $5,000 or more to get that benefit. Management got wise.

I did email investor relations with a question on this topic but got no reply. I do imagine in the Q&A session at the annual meeting, some shareholder will bring up the subject of the benefit, and the management will have to address it, but I would assume that for 2025 cruises there is no benefit. My request for benefit for my 2025 cruises was denied because they said the benefit would need to be extended... which it has not been.

Your last sentence should read "...which it has not been YET."

1 hour ago, salty dingo said:

There really is no reason to be pessimistic. It is always extended as it is a marketing tool that costs them almost nothing. When the stock tanked after Covid, there were many on these boards who were absolutely positive that it would be gone, or at least they would require double the amount of stock to qualify for the OBC. And of course nothing of the sort happened.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, geovet said:

I applied for obc by email and received a response that basically said to use the app. So I did the app thing and got my obc in 2 days for my 9/24 cruise.

I reluctantly used the app also but have come to appreciate that is actually working and is quickly applied to my cruises. All stock perks got out of me is my name and email. I didn't answer their personal questions or give an actual address. And no access given to my account, just a picture of my statement. This is more evidence that Carnival is not ending the benefit any time soon. Why would they hire Stock Perks to do this and extend the applicable date to 12/31/24? I think many people are worried over nothing! 

7 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I reluctantly used the app also but have come to appreciate that is actually working and is quickly applied to my cruises. All stock perks got out of me is my name and email. I didn't answer their personal questions or give an actual address. And no access given to my account, just a picture of my statement. This is more evidence that Carnival is not ending the benefit any time soon. Why would they hire Stock Perks to do this and extend the applicable date to 12/31/24? I think many people are worried over nothing! 

I think some people just like worrying and expecting the sky to be falling any minute.

I sincerely doubt that Carnival would go through the expense and trouble of contracting with Stockperks to handle something that they've always done internally if they planned on getting rid of it in the next year or so. Additionally, I don't think they are really losing much money on the program. Giving you $50 or $100 on board credit isn't really going to cost them that $50 or $100, you are going to use it for something that costs them a quarter of what the face value of whatever it is you are using the OBC for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, garyh9900 said:

I sincerely doubt that Carnival would go through the expense and trouble of contracting with Stockperks to handle something that they've always done internally if they planned on getting rid of it in the next year or so. Additionally, I don't think they are really losing much money on the program. Giving you $50 or $100 on board credit isn't really going to cost them that $50 or $100, you are going to use it for something that costs them a quarter of what the face value of whatever it is you are using the OBC for.

And if it incentivizes even a very few to sail on one of their ships, it more than pays off the little it costs them.