CCL Shareholder OBC Lives!!!

35 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

at least for this year

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit/

The benefit is available on sailings through December 31, 2024.  Applications to receive this benefit should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date.

Doesn't Carnival typically wait till their July meeting to confirm this stockholder benefit?  Hey, I'm happy and I just requested my shareholder credit for my Sept 2024 cruise. Thanks for the post!!

They have changed the dates up a bit instead of renewing until July 31st of 2025. I wonder if that means it gets renewed in Fall of the year now?

16 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Doesn't Carnival typically wait till their July meeting to confirm this stockholder benefit?  Hey, I'm happy and I just requested my shareholder credit for my Sept 2024 cruise. Thanks for the post!!

Urban Legend

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, n6uqqq said:

They have changed the dates up a bit instead of renewing until July 31st of 2025. I wonder if that means it gets renewed in Fall of the year now?

I would think so. Then it really could be included in the Annual Report.

Of course it does despite those who want to post in the cc groups for the various cruise lines owned by the Carnival Corporation that it is about to disappear. But they will be back next year to tell us that it is about to disappear. You can count on that.

• Like 1

I wonder how many will remember that currently the benefit is not part of the initial annual report nor is a shareholder meeting needed to renew it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I wonder how many will remember that currently the benefit is not part of the initial annual report nor is a shareholder meeting needed to renew it.

It is usually renewed at the shareholders' meeting for a year. It now seems to be extended for less than a year. Perhaps at the meeting, they will extend it further out to the full year.

As for who will remember, wait until next year when the same posters post as they are sure it will not be extended again. 🤣

• Haha 1

I begrudgingly set up Stockperks a few months ago and just now used it for the first time for my September cruise, it was surprisingly easy. Maybe I’m not so mad at this change anymore and happy for this update

3 hours ago, tree.critter said:

I begrudgingly set up Stockperks a few months ago and just now used it for the first time for my September cruise, it was surprisingly easy. Maybe I’m not so mad at this change anymore and happy for this update

I agree.  It’s a lot easier than I thought.

23 hours ago, tree.critter said:

I stopped when they asked for my brokerage account number and password. Freaked me out about giving out that information.

You can send a PDF or a photo of your account statement.  when ours was approved, I sent a PDF of our statement with our account balance, account number and other stocks listed redacted.   

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2024 at 3:44 PM, ninjacat123 said:

On 3/4/2024 at 4:00 PM, n6uqqq said:

On 3/4/2024 at 4:02 PM, BlerkOne said:

I would think so. Then it really could be included in the Annual Report.

Historically it is approved by the Board of Directors in February and listed on page 3 of the annual report sent out in early March. 

It is not in the new annual stockholders report.

Not a good sign.

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

Historically it is approved by the Board of Directors in February and listed on page 3 of the annual report sent out in early March. 

Not a good sign.

I am not so sure about it being a bad sign. After all, they did extend the date beyond the previous expiration of July 31 of this year to December of this year. If it was going the way of the dodo I don't think they would have even extended it at all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

Not a good sign.

Yet it lives. There's your sign.

Carnival switched to using stockperks while the prior benefit was in effect, causing much confusion and gnashing of teeth. The benefit, as described in the final annual report was not correct. Annual reports are for historic reporting, not for looking forward benefits that change.

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

No, it was extended in February 2023 for sailings through December 31, 2024 with bookings made by July 31 of 2024.

By now it should have been extended for sailings through December 31, 2025 with bookings made by July 31 of 2025.

If never should have expired July 31 of any year. That date coincides with nothing. Nov 30 is the end of the Carnival fiscal year.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, caribill said:

No, it was extended in February 2023 for sailings through December 31, 2024 with bookings made by July 31 of 2024.

By now it should have been extended for sailings through December 31, 2025 with bookings made by July 31 of 2025.

My last shareholder thing shows differently with it originally expiring July 31st of this year but has now been updated since the stock perks takeover of applying for benefits. I downloaded this from Carnival on March 14th 2023.

ShareholderBenefit2023-2024.pdf

Edited by n6uqqq

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Yet it lives. There's your sign.

Carnival switched to using stockperks while the prior benefit was in effect, causing much confusion and gnashing of teeth. The benefit, as described in the final annual report was not correct. Annual reports are for historic reporting, not for looking forward benefits that change.

The benefit dates as listed in the annual report have always been accurate.

Switching to stockperks just makes the way to request the benefit different. 

The benefit dates as listed in the annual report have always been accurate.

Switching to stockperks just makes the way to request the benefit different. 

Change happens. You will be assimilated.

Not a good sign.

I agree, it appears the shareholder benefit has been discontinued in 2025.

Here's the 2024 Shareholder Meeting Agenda and there is no mention of the shareholder benefit up for a vote. FYI, there was also no proposal up for vote on the shareholder benefit at the 2023 Annual Meeting. Despite what some have said in this forum, the shareholders do not vote for or against offering the benefit. It's solely offered at the discretion of management.

Also, last year the benefit was published in the Annual Report, not voted on at the meeting, and it's not in there this year. To me, this implies that management has used their discretion to not continue the benefit. If I had to guess, they have figured out it's eating into their bottom line too much for people like me, who bought 100 shares for $850 to get hundreds of dollars a year of discounts in return. Even at the current price, it really is a deal too good to be true. Before Covid you'd probably have spend $5,000 or more to get that benefit. Management got wise.

I did email investor relations with a question on this topic but got no reply. I do imagine in the Q&A session at the annual meeting, some shareholder will bring up the subject of the benefit, and the management will have to address it, but I would assume that for 2025 cruises there is no benefit. My request for benefit for my 2025 cruises was denied because they said the benefit would need to be extended... which it has not been.