Casual Dining on the Caribbean Princess?

mevs904

We have the plus package and will be on the March 17 Caribbean Princess voyage.  We know there is no Alfredo’s/Gigi’s on the ship and will miss it dearly.  What other casual dining options are there?

7 minutes ago, mevs904 said:

We have the plus package and will be on the March 17 Caribbean Princess voyage.  We know there is no Alfredo’s/Gigi’s on the ship and will miss it dearly.  What other casual dining options are there?

Vines, Planks and Steamers, that I recall.

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Vines, Planks and Steamers, that I recall.

Yep.  Vines is just a big charcuterie board - quite good.  No reservations.  Planks and Steamers open on alternate days and you will need to make a reservation so plan accordingly.

• Like 1

Thank you both.  Although we do like charcuterie, it doesn’t seem like a meal, more like an appetizer.  We will probably try Planks or Steamers and think longingly about the minestrone and pizza that we will miss at Alfredo’s.😔

3 minutes ago, mevs904 said:

Thank you both.  Although we do like charcuterie, it doesn’t seem like a meal, more like an appetizer.  We will probably try Planks or Steamers and think longingly about the minestrone and pizza that we will miss at Alfredo’s.😔

You should size one the charcuterie is huge and comes with  veggies and truffles. We can barely finish one between the 3 of us

10 minutes ago, mevs904 said:

The charcuterie board and accoutrements is extensive. One order for one person is definitely a meal, between two or three people, it's more of a starter.   I can see why one wouldn't consider it a meal - it's definitely a lot of food though. 

Pics below. 

PXL_20231113_222340577.MP.jpg

PXL_20231113_222349598.MP.jpg

PXL_20231113_222352165.MP.jpg

• Thanks 2

Wow!  Thanks so much for the photos.  It looks excellent and definitely worth a try.  I’m curious as to how they calculate the two casual meals that come with the plus plan.  Must you order two boards for two people or would they allow you to share?  We would hate to waste some of that gorgeous looking food.

23 minutes ago, mevs904 said:

Wow!  Thanks so much for the photos.  It looks excellent and definitely worth a try.  I’m curious as to how they calculate the two casual meals that come with the plus plan.  Must you order two boards for two people or would they allow you to share?  We would hate to waste some of that gorgeous looking food.

Last time I was on CB, I had Premier Cruise Package and my friend had Plus. I have no idea how they calculated it, but we definitely shared, and shared again two more times. So if they charged it as two meals - she would have ended up paying for one of them.  As far as I know - that was basically one serving - and it's shareable.  And I was the only one "charged" as I ordered it. 

• Like 1