Is your Sky Suite butler back? Please report

53 minutes ago, CarolCoupon said:

Update: we met George. He has 30 suites (we asked). Our first time on the Summit, he said he used to have about 10 suites. 

He's a head butler?  He didn't just come from the Beyond (like 2 weeks ago) did he?

1 hour ago, CarolCoupon said:

Update: we met George. He has 30 suites (we asked). Our first time on the Summit, he said he used to have about 10 suites. 

Yikes, that’s a lot.  There are only 50 suites on the Summit. 

I didn’t realise butlers were coming back! Good to know. I’ve missed that info. How come if someone doesn’t mind telling me thank you? I assume a lot to do with complaints on board. 

3 hours ago, wineoclock said:

I didn’t realise butlers were coming back! Good to know. I’ve missed that info. How come if someone doesn’t mind telling me thank you? I assume a lot to do with complaints on board. 

No real idea, but if I had to guess, it was probably complaints and very inconsistant implementation of the team thing.  I've done 3 so far with head butlers.  One time the HB came in and introduced himself when we were dropping our carry ons, the others were within the 30 hours on board.  In all cases, we got what we needed when we needed it, although food was delivered by a specific room service person (or one of 2).  If everyone had our experience, the team thing might have worked out.  But I heard of others who never did meet their head butler, so maybe inconsistency plays into it.

• Like 1

Thank you - makes sense.

we cruised on beyond in October in a SS and weren’t bowled over by the butler experience. It wasn’t terrible but not what we were used to but then we have done PS and CS as well! Next cruise we didn’t bother with a SS as we’ve managed to score a good deal on an SV on Apex. May do move up. 

I'm glad the Butlers are coming back.  When I booked a Sky Suite on Constellation this September, the butler was advertised, however it then changed to a Retreat staff.  Celebrity seem to like to change things once you have paid for it!!! 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

He's a head butler?  He didn't just come from the Beyond (like 2 weeks ago) did he?

He did! He said in April butlers will be restored for the Summit SS and he will oversee them as head butler.

The Retreat concierge told us that 2 cruises ago a man came into the Retreat lounge on the last day of that sailing. He said he didn't know it was there and didn't know about the sundeck. She said to him that was all in the grey folder - he replied that he never opened it. Yikes.

14 hours ago, CarolCoupon said:

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

Yikes, that’s a lot.  There are only 50 suites on the Summit. 

That's 1 butler for all of the Sky Suites.

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

I guess butlers are returning, but if they have that many suites, they will be very overworked.  So, if this is the new butler situation, the change may not even be noticed, except maybe for the card.  Time will certainly tell, along with it being different on various ships!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I guess butlers are returning, but if they have that many suites, they will be very overworked.  So, if this is the new butler situation, the change may not even be noticed, except maybe for the card.  Time will certainly tell, along with it being different on various ships!

13 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Hoping staffing increases.

This one butler to 30 sky suites is the current "Retreat Team" concept that Celebrity went to in August of last year which is now being rolled back. I suspect the ratio of 1:30 is even worse on S- and E- class ships.

Edited by RichYak

They’re back. Just boarded Reflection in a sky suite and we have a dedicated butler. Based on finding a discarded business card from the previous cruise it looks like this is the first for celebrity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

4 hours ago, RichYak said:

That's for the head butler, when they roll out the regular "dedicated" butler, it will be less.

6 hours ago, CarolCoupon said:

He did! He said in April butlers will be restored for the Summit SS and he will oversee them as head butler.

That's too bad, in a way, since he told us he wanted to be a regular butler when they come. back.  Tell him hello from Beth and Abby, if you can.

38 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

That's for the head butler, when they roll out the regular "dedicated" butler, it will be less.

I know. I already addressed that…

3 hours ago, RichYak said:

This one butler to 30 sky suites is the current "Retreat Team" concept that Celebrity went to in August of last year which is now being rolled back.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I know. I already addressed that…

Sorry, I thought you just said that the ratio was worse on S and E class, so I guess I didn't read it as addressing that the ratio will change.  (And it is way worse on E, but I was asked  not to post the actual number on cruise critic).

Edited by abbydancer2003

52 minutes ago, CarolCoupon said:

George says hello. He's working really hard.

May have already been mentioned, dedicated butlers will be back on the Beyond in 2 sailings.

Thanks.  He does work very hard.  While on the Beyond I ran into a butler of ours from the Summit (last dedicated one we had) who was an assistant waiter at the time.  He said he's getting his butler job back mid march.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2024 at 6:38 AM, UK1sttimer said:

I’m on the Edge now, no butler in Sky suite. 

Oh well…. We were hopeful.  Disappointing.  However, even more disappointed by the current premium wines.  First world problems I know.

On 3/10/2024 at 7:49 AM, CarolCoupon said:

The Retreat concierge told us that 2 cruises ago a man came into the Retreat lounge on the last day of that sailing. He said he didn't know it was there and didn't know about the sundeck. She said to him that was all in the grey folder - he replied that he never opened it. Yikes.

I’m surprised that gentleman found the ship to embark. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

My Retreat Host/Butler had 15 suites on Beyond in December and was always on the move; we were already in our suite after dinner without our room being cleaned the first evening,  but everything worked out for the next 9 days.  He was always so busy…hopefully, things will improve for everyone, as we move forward without even more increases in pricing.

Edited by Lastdance

14 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

My Retreat Host/Butler had 15 suites on Beyond in December and was always on the move; we were already in our suite after dinner without our room being cleaned the first evening,  but everything worked out for the next 9 days.  He was always so busy…hopefully, things will improve for everyone, as we move forward without even more increases in pricing.

That's sounds like what our Retreat host/room steward had on Apex.  She was busy for sure, but very friendly.  I told her she should consider applying to be a butler.  I don't think she was interested though.