LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

18 minutes ago, Cruisecrusader22 said:

Were there shuttle buses provided from the port into Palma? If so, do you know how much these cost and was the ticket process efficient?

thanks

There are motorcoach shuttles into town for €10 return trip per person. We went after lunch, so there was no wait. Cash only. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

There are motorcoach shuttles into town for €10 return trip per person. We went after lunch, so there was no wait. Cash only. 

Was disembarkation organized especially for those people who wanted to get off without princess excursions?  In past Princess had people with those tours booked getting off first.

55 minutes ago, Charlie_and_Tracey said:

following.  Is the Theater open yet? looking forward to some shows on our May sailing.

Yes, the Arena is open - see pictures from post #133 in this thread

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DELLA1955 said:

Was disembarkation organized especially for those people who wanted to get off without princess excursions?  In past Princess had people with those tours booked getting off first.

As I said, we didn’t disembark until after lunch, so I have no idea. We had no waits or delays. 

Posted (edited)

Some photos from Palma de Mallorca. We used the hop-on-hop-off bus for a little tour around Palma. Castell de Bellver was worth the stop for the stunning views. I was expecting a fee to go in, but there was none. 

IMG_2538.thumb.jpeg.13be8091f1ea5f60f9ce9da43110d22a.jpeg

IMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.10b14656b78dab4c43a3c97783ebeefa.jpeg

IMG_2569.thumb.jpeg.34d080aa8b22f343128b0063ea04e8e0.jpeg

IMG_2570.thumb.jpeg.437c62767aebdc7c2b522c54880076ae.jpeg

IMG_2571.thumb.jpeg.6293b8f8346f989ea4ad70d0b55fbceb.jpeg

IMG_2582.thumb.jpeg.994d68a2248d35650eb3cc89eb55bc93.jpeg

IMG_2581.thumb.jpeg.fb6da7413d8e7071b86e87a4ccfe2840.jpeg

Edited by CanadianBurger
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

No Souffle on embarkation lunch????   That was supposed to be my first soufflé on our next cruise!!

The menu posted was the Reserve Dining Room, not the MDR.  I would infer that the MDR would still have the Grand Marnier Souffle.

Saw on the Patter that the American Diner (deck 8 of MDR) is open from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.  Is this every day or just at sea days?  If it's every day, it is perfect for brunch as well as another sit down option besides Alfredo's for lunch.  It would alleviate the need to have to go to the Eatery or the Lido deck for lunch.  

Also, I had read that Coffee Currents was supposed to have a Nitro Cold Brew Coffee on tap.  Could you possibly confirm this when you walk past?  Thank you.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Maybe? I was looking at past Patters for Alaska in May and the outside grill was open until 11:00 pm. I’m surprised that those venues on the Sun Princess close at dinner time. 

The outdoor venues on Lido deck do stay open later, but only until 9:30 (not 11:00). Maybe they will stay open later when it starts to warm up.

• Thanks 1

WOW...  we can not thank you enough for all of this information and photos...

That is great info about how to use the elevators.  I hope more and more cruisers begin to understand the system!

And, those photos...  just stunning!

We are all indebted to you!!!

• Like 2

Catching up a bit…

Had a late breakfast at the American Diner (Horizons Deck 8). To answer someone’s question, yes, it’s open on port days. Not busy at all, the omelette was excellent, and the bacon was crispy.

IMG_2510.thumb.jpeg.0588ca9d24eae745035946b4706e99bc.jpeg

IMG_2512.thumb.jpeg.24bb58928c3344eab5c4bd82c2c5cf66.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Catching up a bit…

Had a late breakfast at the American Diner (Horizons Deck 8). To answer someone’s question, yes, it’s open on port days. Not busy at all, the omelette was excellent, and the bacon was crispy.

IMG_2510.thumb.jpeg.0588ca9d24eae745035946b4706e99bc.jpeg

IMG_2512.thumb.jpeg.24bb58928c3344eab5c4bd82c2c5cf66.jpeg

is that real  butter lol ...🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Walked aft from Horizons out onto Wakeview Terrace. 

IMG_2516.thumb.jpeg.44bc05d711b9b4d28108bbf658552893.jpeg

IMG_2518.thumb.jpeg.4d48d8e919ba58027b83ee05cc6db7cd.jpeg

IMG_2519.thumb.jpeg.e2e200e46789f824da20043c86291d3b.jpeg

The starboard side is the smoking area, but there were people in loungers on the port side smoking as well. 😡

aww well,  it's like herding cats.. on a serious note. That wake view pool looks inviting 

• Like 2

Overnight last night the winds were quite high, the seas were a little rough, and I’m shocked at the amount of salt covering everything on the balcony up on deck 14.

The captain just came on the PA and said we’d be leaving shortly. There’s a 35kn wind pushing us against the dock, so he said it would take quite a bit of power to move us away. Windy and moderate seas overnight;

he said the stabilizers would be out. 

• Like 8

I mentioned yesterday that I wasn’t overly impressed with the pizza on Lido. Today I tried the “new concept” pizza outside on Promenade Deck 9. It is excellent! Thicker, tons of cheese, and far more flavorful than the Lido pizza. I went back and told the chef I liked it better, and he lit up. Said “please comment about that, this is a new concept Princess is trying.”

IMG_2524.thumb.jpeg.4a096b306f7860b8981ce5aea9439040.jpeg

• Like 18

@CanadianBurger Hello fellow Torontonian!  Thank you for the photos and info!  I was wondering if you have time to post photos of the kids clubs?  I have only seen artist rendered depictions and no live pictures.  Do you know if the Neon Grove is supervised by staff? Thanks in advance

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

I mentioned yesterday that I wasn’t overly impressed with the pizza on Lido. Today I tried the “new concept” pizza outside on Promenade Deck 9. It is excellent! Thicker, tons of cheese, and far more flavorful than the Lido pizza. I went back and told the chef I liked it better, and he lit up. Said “please comment about that, this is a new concept Princess is trying.”

IMG_2524.thumb.jpeg.4a096b306f7860b8981ce5aea9439040.jpeg

IMG_2523.mov 24.42 MB · 11 downloads  

Looks like Roman-style Pizza al Taglio (by the cut). Out of all pizza styles, it's definitely one of the better "sit around on the counter for awhile" slices. Hope it's popular enough to stick around, love this type of pizza! 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, kj_connections said:

@CanadianBurger Hello fellow Torontonian!  Thank you for the photos and info!  I was wondering if you have time to post photos of the kids clubs?  I have only seen artist rendered depictions and no live pictures.  Do you know if the Neon Grove is supervised by staff? Thanks in advance

I don’t think I can do that anymore. Maybe someone on a future voyage can do it at embarkation. 

• Like 1