LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

I’ll insert little anecdotal tidbits when I notice them. The balcony railings are not real wood. While this will cut down on maintenance and varnishing, they do feel cheap. 

IMG_2453.thumb.jpeg.381cf599d313efad6632af6ba6417d50.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I love the elevators. They are the “demand” style where you select the floor you’re going to and it tells you which elevator to get on,

like most office buildings. This is much more efficient and should eliminate the “stopping at every floor” scenario. I hope people catch on quickly to how they work. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

The ceiling and light above the bed is much nicer than older ships. If I have one comment, it’s that everything is beautiful. I apologize if I get behind posting. So much to see. But man, over two dozen Princess cruises, and I feel like a newbie trying to figure out where stuff is on this ship! 

IMG_2455.thumb.jpeg.b3641709e23fb814836d085dc908273f.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Haha 6

On 3/8/2024 at 5:13 AM, CanadianBurger said:

Hello everyone, and welcome to another one of my "Live" reports.

This time it's the brand-new Sun Princess, sailing on a 10-day voyage from Barcelona to Rome. Our ports include Mallorca, Sicily, Athens, Kusadasi Turkey, Santorini (maybe), and Naples.

We just arrived in Barcelona after an overnight flight YYZ-EWR-BCN. We'll be seeing some of Barcelona including the Sagrada Familia before boarding tomorrow.

Stay tuned for lots of photos and videos of the new ship. Hopefully they'll have the entertainment venues open this cruise.

Steve.

Hi Steve.  I’m CAnadian as well and on the cruise leaving Rome on March 29.  I’m curious to see how the disembarkation works in the ports to catch tours.  I have several “independent” tours booked and this is a larger ship than I’m used to!  Love the changes so far (especially the shower!!).  Cheers from Toronto!

• Like 1

Absolutely loving your live stream! So much great information, plus great pictures and videos!  Thank you so much for posting pictures of The Patter!!  I hope you are able to keep doing that every day.  It’s so helpful to get an idea of how things will work on the ship!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

Absolutely loving your live stream! So much great information, plus great pictures and videos!  Thank you so much for posting pictures of The Patter!!  I hope you are able to keep doing that every day.  It’s so helpful to get an idea of how things will work on the ship!

I always post every Patter in my Live Froms…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

The trip up the Passion Tower was an experience. After about a 30-min wait, you board a small elevator to take you up. Then it’s up some steps and across some bridges with wonderful views of the city. Even the views of the building itself are amazing considering how high you are. Coming down is quite unnerving, as you have to come down the spiral staircases. The first section, while having walls on either side to easily brace yourself, is quite dark in sections. With cuts in the walls to let in sunlight, I found the steps themselves to be in darkness, so walking down is like steps of faith. The second section is very tight. There’s a railing on the left side, but nothing to really hold on to on the right side unless you reach backwards. I was happy to get to the bottom! The one pic is looking down the center into the abyss. 

Have always wanted to do that tower experience. We had it booked several years back but they cancelled it day of because of bad weather. 

11 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Annnnd… Hot off the press. We’re going to Crete instead of Santorini. $50 OBC per person for the change. 

IMG_2457.thumb.jpeg.5206a7f5f201f3b3a2570fefe4e77a5e.jpeg

Oh, that’s a bummer. Hope you’ve been to Santorini before.

2 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

We’re on Deck 14, just aft of the Sphere. Here’s a little video walkthrough. 

I know this is a strange question but it looks like you are close to our November cabin 14433. It’s a deluxe at the begining if the sohere aft.  Can you tell if those balconies are obstructed? Some of the outside photos of the ship look like they might be. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cbfb said:

I know this is a strange question but it looks like you are close to our November cabin 14433. It’s a deluxe at the begining if the sohere aft.  Can you tell if those balconies are obstructed? Some of the outside photos of the ship look like they might be. 

I heard on a webinar that there are no obstructed cabins on this ship

• Thanks 2

Thank you SO much!!!!

WOW!!!!   You are already providing the best information and photos yet.

You mentioned those sited in Barcelona being jaw-dropping....  Even just on my screen (full size computer screen) I am going Wow, and Amazing.

And, I am really noticing those martini glasses!

Thanks for the info on the better toilet!

I am one who had posted a tip about occasionally rinsing the toilet down with a bottle/cup of hot water.....  That makes a big difference!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2