Requesting a table for future cruise

10 hours ago, Rorysmom said:

We just had this done in Adventure in Feb. Myself, Dh, Dd, and then the in-laws. Regs were linked and we were sat together. Was super easy! 

RCI is supposed to put linked reservations together.  Unfortunately, that seems to be a problem now.

Our travel agent always takes care of this for us and it's normally 30 days out.  BEWARE.......always check your table as soon as you get on the ship.  Last year we had a family of 10 people and upon checking our table it was set for 2!  On our Odyssey cruise last month, we had a group of 4 and each couple was on opposite ends of the dining room.  If this occurs, make sure you go to Guest Relations and they will get you to the right person to correct your problem.  

• Like 2

On 3/9/2024 at 6:33 AM, Harrisonkid said:

I just requested a certain dining room table for a family of 7. We booked from different sources . I was always told to do the request 14 days out...but I got an auto response saying they start setting up tables 30 days out...not really a question just a heads up ...

I had received an email response stating the same thing.  Two weeks before sailing I sent another request with ship sail date, our names, stateroom numbers, and dining time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 9:14 AM, Cruzingal#9 said:

I just sent in a request and will see what happens.  It’s worth a shot, but certainly not the end of the world if nothing happens.

We’re back from our cruise and when we got on board we went to the Matre’d to check our table and it was a beautiful round table for 4 right in front of a window.  It was perfect!!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 6:19 PM, BecciBoo said:

If you go to the MDR as soon as you board there's really no line and they can look up your table assignment with your set sail pass.

You too, just go right away.  I've requested a table for 16 before and we all sat together at two long tables in the back of the MDR.  So I would also email with the request and follow up as soon as you board.

So if our group of 15 has all our reservations linked, we still need to email a request in advance? 

Glad I saw this post.   

On 3/16/2024 at 11:26 AM, Rorysmom said:

We just had this done in Adventure in Feb. Myself, Dh, Dd, and then the in-laws. Regs were linked and we were sat together. Was super easy! 

Ok so if 15 of us are all linked, I may not need to send an email in advance? 

2 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Ok so if 15 of us are all linked, I may not need to send an email in advance? 

I believe the max table is 10/12 so you would likely be at 2 tables. You can email before  (our agent did on our behalf) and then when you get on board head to the dining room and confirm your seating arrangements. If I remember correctly it’s fire code rules that prevent them from too large of tables being grouped. Because of your parties size I would make sure to do both. Ours was a party of five which is much easier to rearrange. Also make sure when they break up your tables to let them know if you are ok with a mixed table ie 2 tables of ten so your party and another party of 5 would join you at one table. Personally I like mixed tables, it’s nice to meet other people!

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 2:59 PM, Rorysmom said:

Also make sure when they break up your tables to let them know if you are ok with a mixed table ie 2 tables of ten so your party and another party of 5 would join you at one table. Personally I like mixed tables, it’s nice to meet other people!

Not with our group LOL   Our first family trip of 15 together with 7 kids.