Requesting a table for future cruise

I just requested a certain dining room table for a family of 7. We booked from different sources . I was always told to do the request 14 days out...but I got an auto response saying they start setting up tables 30 days out...not really a question just a heads up ...

Small detail, but important:  If you don't put the name of the ship and your sailing date in the subject line, they won't read it.  

We make the same dining request for every cruise.  They usually don't even answer us, and they honor our request about 50% of the time.  

2 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

I just requested a certain dining room table for a family of 7. We booked from different sources . I was always told to do the request 14 days out...but I got an auto response saying they start setting up tables 30 days out...not really a question just a heads up ...

Did you e-mail your request at rcldning@rccl.com

Are you talking about reserving a table in the main dining room?  That would be amazing if we could do that!  Our first stop when we get on a ship is go to the dining room to see where our table is and then go to the Matre’d to make changes if need be.  We are one week out from our next cruise, so don’t now if it would be too late for this one or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruzingal#9 said:

Are you talking about reserving a table in the main dining room?  That would be amazing if we could do that!  Our first stop when we get on a ship is go to the dining room to see where our table is and then go to the Matre’d to make changes if need be.  We are one week out from our next cruise, so don’t now if it would be too late for this one or not.

Yes, you can make a request. Know way too many people request a table next to a window, so that may not happen. Table size (private table for 2 etc), in a corner, etc all more likely to get.

17 minutes ago, Cruzingal#9 said:

I just sent in a request and will see what happens.  It’s worth a shot, but certainly not the end of the world if nothing happens.

For our cruise this past January I sent in a request 10 days out.  Usually I do it 2 weeks out, but I forgot.  Received two responses within probably 3-4 days of my email. First the auto response and then an actual response a couple days later saying they had fulfilled my request.  As stated above, make sure you put your sailing date and ship name in the subject line.

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

RCI needs to stop changing tables on embarkation day.

More than once we have checked our table in the afternoon only to find it's different at night.

Yes, happened to me once, 2:30pm was at one Table, number Table changed by 530pm was not a Happy Camper. .. I'm always one first walk in Main Dining at meal time. Once I watch a couple come in, not like their Table and quickly moved the Table Number Blocks from a 2 Top away from the Window to a 4 Top up against the Window. Then they threw a Fit when Head Waiter moved them back to Original Table

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

Yes ..rcldining!! Withe the sailing date and ship name. Their response was an auto response...I hope it works since we are with our grandkids...

Sent my request in yesterday to several different addies, got the auto response back and I had definitely put the date/ship/rez# etc in subject line, resent and got same response...things have really changed since last September...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  So will email my personal contact AGAIN and see what she can do.  My cruise is in 13 days

I have requested a location in the past..this trip is with DD/Sil and our 3 Grand children. I really don't care where we sit as long as it's together. Heck, it's the whole purpose of the trip.🙏

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Sent my request in yesterday to several different addies, got the auto response back and I had definitely put the date/ship/rez# etc in subject line, resent and got same response...things have really changed since last September...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  So will email my personal contact AGAIN and see what she can do.  My cruise is in 13 days

I had the same thing happen.... I definitely put the date/ship/reservation # in subject line and got an auto-response saying the request will not be looked at without the date/ship/reservation # in the subject line...it was sent correctly!  I resent the exact same email request twice and finally got the normal auto response(that I have received in the past) that they will send the request to the ship. Not sure what happened?... IT glitches?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Btw since we don't get our 'card' until about 2pm is there any way on the App to see our table number vs having to visit the Host (and stand in line) when we board?

If you go to the MDR as soon as you board there's really no line and they can look up your table assignment with your set sail pass.

I have requested a location in the past..this trip is with DD/Sil and our 3 Grand children. I really don't care where we sit as long as it's together. Heck, it's the whole purpose of the trip.🙏

You too, just go right away.  I've requested a table for 16 before and we all sat together at two long tables in the back of the MDR.  So I would also email with the request and follow up as soon as you board.

Edited by BecciBoo

So I sent rccl an email on Saturday  requesting that our daughter's family of 5 and us Grandparents of 2 be put at the same table. We did not request a certain location just to be at the same table. RCCL emailed today (3 days later which I was excited to see and get) saying that our dinner reservations have been linked and that they sent that info to the ship to process. 

Sounds like we might have scored a win. We will know for sure when we get on the ship. 🤞

We've had luck both times we requested tables. Once we sent the email to them asking for a table near a window or rail, we not only got a response, but an actual table number, dining room floor, table size...everything so when we boarded we walked right to that dining room, asked where that table number was and it was right on the rail looking down at the other two floors. The 2nd time we booked through a Travel Agent and she put the request in... we ended up with the window table. 

On 3/12/2024 at 11:46 AM, Harrisonkid said:

So I sent rccl an email on Saturday  requesting that our daughter's family of 5 and us Grandparents of 2 be put at the same table. We did not request a certain location just to be at the same table. RCCL emailed today (3 days later which I was excited to see and get) saying that our dinner reservations have been linked and that they sent that info to the ship to process. 

Sounds like we might have scored a win. We will know for sure when we get on the ship. 🤞

We just had this done in Adventure in Feb. Myself, Dh, Dd, and then the in-laws. Regs were linked and we were sat together. Was super easy!