NCL Getaway Western Caribbean balcony cabin - which side of ship?

Hi all-

Booking our first balcony cabin after many cruises and cruising my favorite itinerary of Western Carib (Roatan / Cozumel / Belize / Costa Maya).  We always book an inside cabin so I have no clue if there's a "preferred" side of the ship to book a balcony cabin for this itinerary.  Anyone have advice to share I'd sure appreciate it!  We will be on deck 8 in a BF cabin if that matters at all. Thanks - Amy

37 minutes ago, AllAmericanAmy said:

Hi all-

Booking our first balcony cabin after many cruises and cruising my favorite itinerary of Western Carib (Roatan / Cozumel / Belize / Costa Maya).  We always book an inside cabin so I have no clue if there's a "preferred" side of the ship to book a balcony cabin for this itinerary.  Anyone have advice to share I'd sure appreciate it!  We will be on deck 8 in a BF cabin if that matters at all. Thanks - Amy

Amy, 

We always try to book port side of ship. Going south your balcony is sunny in mornings and shaded in afternoon.  Just the opposite going north.  When in ports sometimes you face the port sometimes the ocean. Hope this helps, it’s our preference. Enjoy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AllAmericanAmy said:

Hi all-

The ship will dock based on operational needs of the ship. So, it can dock port or starboard at any port and on a different side each cruise. 

If you are leaving from NOLA, the port side is better for the first 30 minutes of the cruise. Beyond that, either side is fine. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 6:36 PM, BirdTravels said:

The ship will dock based on operational needs of the ship. So, it can dock port or starboard at any port and on a different side each cruise. 

If you are leaving from NOLA, the port side is better for the first 30 minutes of the cruise. Beyond that, either side is fine. 

Got off The Breakaway three weeks ago.............and agree with the above. Really does not matter.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 2:32 PM, AllAmericanAmy said:

Hi all-

Honestly it really makes no difference.  A vast majority of the time you will be loking at the same view on either side of the ship (a lot of blue water).  You can look at the itinerary map and see if that gives you any guidance, but remember that the ship can dock either side of the ship towards land in most ports, so it is a crap shoot.  Balconies are nice, enjoy!

• Like 1