Aurora cabins with showers not over the bath

I understand there are some outside cabins on Aurora which have a shower rather than a shower over the bath.  Could anyone advise if this is correct and if so are these cabins in an okay position.  Also apart from accessible cabins are there any others with showers?

We are considering joining our extended family on the Aurora for the 26 August sailing for celebrations for my sister in law's 70th birthday and other minor celebrations.  This will end necessitate our cancelling and moving our Queen Anne booking for 8 September which we have no real worries about as the more information get about the ship, the more I'm wondering if she's really for me and perhaps waiting for some feedback (hints to Selbourne and others!).  It also means that we will also end up spending our 44th wedding anniversary onboard Aurora with the family which will be very strange. However the itinerary looks good, particularly for my husband who's very keen.

The big sticking point is my husband's fibromyalgia and mobility which currently are rather poor.  Showering in a bathtub at sea may be a bit of a health hazard for him unfortunately and is a main reason for not choosing our normal deluxe balcony on Britannia in December.  I understand that there are baths in almost all Aurora cabins, is that correct please?  

Aurora is a bit of a jinx for me, every time I'm due to sail on her something prevents it but an opportunity to sail with our extended family is very tempting, particularly as one of my sister in laws and her husband are full time carers to her father who lives with them and sourcing care in their absence is extremely difficult. This cruise is actually a replacement for one they were all meant to take in December last year when no care was available and we really like the idea of surprising them if we can make it work.

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions.

I'm pretty sure that the only outside cabins on Aurora with only showers are the accessible ones and the single ones.    And the inside cabins.    Everything else has the shower over a bath.

• Thanks 1

We have only been in outside on D deck near Raffles. good location but unfortunately they have bath with shower over.

Looking at Aurora deck plan there is a cabin note symbol referring to Cabins with shower only.

Most of the outside cabins appear to be decks 6 and 5 mid fwd/fwd eg. E152/E157.  

@Mollag you mentioned being in cabin on deck 6 but it had a bath with shower. Which cabin no were you in / did you experience noise from above e.g.from Charlies, Andersons, Theatre?  Just wondering if shower only on deck 6 would be OK location for megabear2.

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I understand there are some outside cabins on Aurora which have a shower rather than a shower over the bath.  Could anyone advise if this is correct and if so are these cabins in an okay position.  Also apart from accessible cabins are there any others with showers?

We are considering joining our extended family on the Aurora for the 26 August sailing for celebrations for my sister in law's 70th birthday and other minor celebrations.  This will end necessitate our cancelling and moving our Queen Anne booking for 8 September which we have no real worries about as the more information get about the ship, the more I'm wondering if she's really for me and perhaps waiting for some feedback (hints to Selbourne and others!).  It also means that we will also end up spending our 44th wedding anniversary onboard Aurora with the family which will be very strange. However the itinerary looks good, particularly for my husband who's very keen.

The big sticking point is my husband's fibromyalgia and mobility which currently are rather poor.  Showering in a bathtub at sea may be a bit of a health hazard for him unfortunately and is a main reason for not choosing our normal deluxe balcony on Britannia in December.  I understand that there are baths in almost all Aurora cabins, is that correct please?  

Aurora is a bit of a jinx for me, every time I'm due to sail on her something prevents it but an opportunity to sail with our extended family is very tempting, particularly as one of my sister in laws and her husband are full time carers to her father who lives with them and sourcing care in their absence is extremely difficult. This cruise is actually a replacement for one they were all meant to take in December last year when no care was available and we really like the idea of surprising them if we can make it work.

Assuming 'cabin with shower only' means no bath, most on 'F' and 'E' deck are shower only. You need to download the detailed deckplan and then zoom in to look for cabins with this symbol 

image.png.410b1298b01904ff9ea1a64e1ca3aa74.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

We have only been in outside on D deck near Raffles. good location but unfortunately they have bath with shower over.

Looking at Aurora deck plan there is a cabin note symbol referring to Cabins with shower only.

Most of the outside cabins appear to be decks 6 and 5 mid fwd/fwd eg. E152/E157.  

@Mollag you mentioned being in cabin on deck 6 but it had a bath with shower. Which cabin no were you in / did you experience noise from above e.g.from Charlies, Andersons, Theatre?  Just wondering if shower only on deck 6 would be OK location for megabear2.

It was under the prom deck only issue we had was the ignorant ones out walking there herds of elephants at 5 in the morning, I had a word with one of the security officers who didn’t think it was a problem even though it clearly states no walking before 8 he wasn’t even aware of the signs telling everyone this 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

We've just swapped a booking from Aurora.  We were in a balcony cabin - I specifically asked for shower only and that was noted on my booking confirmation.  That was C252

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mollag said:

It was under the prom deck only issue we had was the ignorant ones out walking there herds of elephants at 5 in the morning, I had a word with one of the security officers who didn’t think it was a problem even though it clearly states no walking before 8 he wasn’t even aware of the signs telling everyone this 🤷‍♂️

Early morning noise actually no problem for us as we are up around 5.30 anyway!  Am I to take it other noise wasn't a problem?

I've found the sign others referred to, thank you.  I've found a few balcony cabins on C deck now as well but a lot aren't available.  C316 and C317seems to be free, that's more forward.  C252 appears to be on hold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Early morning noise actually no problem for us as we are up around 5.30 anyway!  Am I to take it other noise wasn't a problem?

I've found the sign others referred to, thank you.  I've found a few balcony cabins on C deck now as well but a lot aren't available.  C316 and C317seems to be free, that's more forward.  C252 appears to be on hold.

There was water flushing from somewhere most days/nights but the noise from the walkers was the worst thing and the reluctance of P&O to do anything about them just the same as them not doing anything about the sunbed hoggers 

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 12:53 PM, Megabear2 said:

There are some that are not accesible cabins but very few. We tried to book one in 2022 and were told that they book up very quickly on release. I'd ring them up and ask, it's worth a try.

Avril

• Thanks 1