Vista noise question

Tsunami74

We were in 9019 and had some “sound leakage” from our neighbors, and they weren’t yelling either. For us, it wasn’t much. But I also wonder what our neighbors hear from us, our TV, etc. 

We also had issues with the lack of air conditioning cooling in our room, despite having it worked on twice. 

FWIW, Gary Bembridge, of Tips for Travellers (which is probably the most popular YouTube cruise program) reports this month that his Vista penthouse suite was the noisiest room he has had, in over 100 cruises. 

• Like 4

On 3/16/2024 at 8:52 AM, CruiserFromMaine said:

We were in 9019 and had some “sound leakage” from our neighbors, and they weren’t yelling either. For us, it wasn’t much. But I also wonder what our neighbors hear from us, our TV, etc. 

We also had issues with the lack of air conditioning cooling in our room, despite having it worked on twice. 

Currently in 9009 and haven't heard anything from either neighbor.

We keep the television at minimum sound level and use closed captioning.

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2024 at 6:33 PM, lj77346 said:

Since December 2023 I’ve taken 5 Vista cruises and have been in 8130 (concierge veranda), 7077 (French veranda), and 9123 (concierge veranda) and have not noticed the noise being any different than on the other Oceania ships. Occasionally I might hear the TV from an adjacent room or voices, but nothing more than usual. I think a lot depends on your neighbors and how loud they are.

Do you recall if 8130 had an extended veranda? It appears as though it does on the deck plan and, if so, what was the furniture out there different or just additional floor space?

1 hour ago, MKSquared said:

Do you recall if 8130 had an extended veranda? It appears as though it does on the deck plan and, if so, what was the furniture out there different or just additional floor space?

8130 had an extended veranda, but just 2 regular veranda chairs and a small table - no lounge chairs.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Recently, we were in Cabin 10060 on Vista.  We could listen in on our neighbor's daily 5:30 pm call to her family, or any other phone call they made.  The woman would also have middle-of- the- night wailing fits.  We reported this to Reception being concerned about her safety.  Security checked on the couple.  They denied any noise. This was our weirdest cruise experience.  Just above the lady would traveled with a Sock Monkey, who was always dressed for the occasion, e.i he even  had a life jacket for our water excursion, He attended all the functions properly dressed.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, katz said:

Recently, we were in Cabin 10060 on Vista.  We could listen in on our neighbor's daily 5:30 pm call to her family, or any other phone call they made.  The woman would also have middle-of- the- night wailing fits.  We reported this to Reception being concerned about her safety.  Security checked on the couple.  They denied any noise. This was our weirdest cruise experience.  Just above the lady would traveled with a Sock Monkey, who was always dressed for the occasion, e.i he even  had a life jacket for our water excursion, He attended all the functions properly dressed.  

Ah yes, I'm reminded of the old Jim Morrison line.....People Are Strange when you're a stranger. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 1:54 AM, ChadnKate said:

On Vista we’ve been in Penthouses 11037 & 11044. No noise problems. 

Naming cabin you were in is an Irrelevant point IME. All walls on Vista are equally "thin." You just were lucky in that you happened to have quiet neighbors. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, edgee said:

All walls on Vista are equally "thin."

Is this an fact or a factoid? 

Although I suppose the significant question is not the thickness of the walls but whether the soundproofing is inadequate throughout the ship. The number of reports, of which mine was one, that no noise problems were experienced suggests that there may be differences.

Of course, CC contributors make up only a tiny proportion of Vista's guests and there's insufficient reports, quoting cabin numbers, to draw any conclusions about their geography and whether or not there were noise issues.

On the basis that 9063 might have had good soundproofing, we've booked that cabin for next years cruise. Fingers crossed........

11 minutes ago, Harters said:

Is this an fact or a factoid? 

Although I suppose the significant question is not the thickness of the walls but whether the soundproofing is inadequate throughout the ship. The number of reports, of which mine was one, that no noise problems were experienced suggests that there may be differences.

Of course, CC contributors make up only a tiny proportion of Vista's guests and there's insufficient reports, quoting cabin numbers, to draw any conclusions about their geography and whether or not there were noise issues.

On the basis that 9063 might have had good soundproofing, we've booked that cabin for next years cruise. Fingers crossed........

I prefaced what I said with IME...meaning in my experience. Further, I put the word "thin" in quotes to indicate it as a euphemism for poor sound shielding. However, after 28 nights in two different locations on Vista combined with extensive conversations with reception team, concierge, and the wonderful Vista GM, I am convinced the problem is pervasive and it is a priority to correct it eventually on Vista and make sure changes are made to Allura to be sure it does not happen there. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, edgee said:

I prefaced what I said with IME..

There is absolutely no need to get all defensive - not least as you were not being attacked. Chill out and have a great day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Harters said:

There is absolutely no need to get all defensive - not least as you were not being attacked. Chill out and have a great day. 

All good. Just respectfully explaining. Am currently on Marina in Greenland. Will definitely be easy to "chill out" and have a great day!

• Like 1