Labadee canceled

Seems like either Grand Turk or Puerto Plata are the usual substitutes unless it's a short itinerary. I'm sure Royal would prefer two ships at CocoCay everyday, but Grand Turk is a better destination as you can spread out more. I guess RCCL is paying Carnival to use the port?

We are scheduled for Labadee on Celebrity in early December . I doubt that things will change by then. Already going to Grand Cayman. We will see what the replacement is .

mac_tlc

12 hours ago, toad455 said:

I guess RCCL is paying Carnival to use the port?

Yes, indirectly. 

Royal pays the usual port fees & Carnival gets to keep 75% of port free collected

• Like 1

I was scheduled to go to Labadee on a cruise in June and again in August. I received e-mails on Tuesday stating both cruises were now going to Coco Cay instead. I was hoping at least one of these cruises would be changed to Grand Turk, if a change was required. Hopefully RCI ships will be able to go to Labadee again in the not too distant future. 

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I was scheduled to go to Labadee on a cruise in June and again in August. I received e-mails on Tuesday stating both cruises were now going to Coco Cay instead. I was hoping at least one of these cruises would be changed to Grand Turk, if a change was required. Hopefully RCI ships will be able to go to Labadee again in the not too distant future. 

Which cruise in August?

14 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Independence. 

Late August?

We're on Icon, scheduled to be at CocoCay on Friday the 30th. We were supposed to be there solo, now guessing Indy will be joining us, similar to plans for July & Sept.

Coming into this thread late, not going to read all the messages, just skimming.  Has anyone mentioned how far out Royal has already canceled visits to Labadee.   (Now that I have posted, I will keep watching posts from here on.)

20 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Coming into this thread late, not going to read all the messages, just skimming.  Has anyone mentioned how far out Royal has already canceled visits to Labadee.   (Now that I have posted, I will keep watching posts from here on.)

"Royal Caribbean International has canceled calls at Labadee, its private beach in Haiti, through September. 

The cancellation follows more than a month of canceled calls there due to gang violence and instability in the country. Much of the conflict is centered in the capital of Port-au-Prince

"Our global security and intel team is closely monitoring the evolving situation in Haiti, and in an abundance of caution, we have suspended all visits to Labadee fleetwide through September 2024. We will continue to monitor and reassess calls as needed, and will communicate updates with guests directly," said a Royal Caribbean Group spokesperson."