Labadee canceled

15 minutes ago, Bethorama said:

Just an FYI. RCCL isn’t offering any upgrades, reduced cruise price or even port fees back for changing to another cruising day. We’ll be cruising more than actually going anywhere. Not impressed. For those who got an alternate port, feel lucky. Some people got just more time at sea. 😡

Where did you receive this information ?

This has historically been a ship-ship decision (which makes no sense to me) , but curious where you have learned that this has changed to a fleetwide decision ?

Cheers

We only get Jamaica and Nassau for stops now. We were not planning on going to Falmouth due to no interest due to all the crime and thinking it’d be nice to catch the pools quiet on a shore day. We get to go to Nassau which is nice. I’ve been there a few times. Nothing new but at least we did have plans to walk around and site see. 

19 minutes ago, Bethorama said:

Just an FYI. RCCL isn’t offering any upgrades, reduced cruise price or even port fees back for changing to another cruising day. We’ll be cruising more than actually going anywhere. Not impressed. For those who got an alternate port that you aren’t happy with, you should just feel lucky. Some of us only got more time at sea for the same cost. 😡

Why would they offer you a reduced cruise rate? I can’t imagine what type of upgrade you may be talking about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

This has historically been a ship-ship decision (which makes no sense to me) , but curious where you have learned that this has changed to a fleetwide decision ?

Cheers

Just saying that’s what they told me on the phone when I called. They said they are not. They even read the policy over the phone. 

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Why would they offer you a reduced cruise rate? I can’t imagine what type of upgrade you may be talking about. 

They could have at least offered reduced port fees. 

6 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Cheers

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-cancels-at-least-another-month-of-labadee-visits/126459

Just out, one month fleet-wide.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bethorama said:

We only get Jamaica and Nassau for stops now. We were not planning on going to Falmouth due to no interest due to all the crime and thinking it’d be nice to catch the pools quiet on a shore day. We get to go to Nassau which is nice. I’ve been there a few times. Nothing new but at least we did have plans to walk around and site see. 

I would not hesitate to take a ships tour in Falmouth.  Far safer and nicer than Nassau.  IMHO

jc

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I would not hesitate to take a ships tour in Falmouth.  Far safer and nicer than Nassau.  IMHO

jc

Well I’m sure after two whole days of cruising at the beginning of our cruise we’ll now be getting off the ship to do something in Falmouth before cruising another day after that. 

Up to this point, we're on Wonder in a lite over a week and April 1st, cruise mapper still has Wonder as the only ship in Coco cay. I assume cruise mapper doesn't update with all these ships being shuffled around, but is there anyway to tell if one of the other ships swapped out Labadee for the Coco cay day since it's rare for only 1 ship to be there lately? 

1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

Up to this point, we're on Wonder in a lite over a week and April 1st, cruise mapper still has Wonder as the only ship in Coco cay. I assume cruise mapper doesn't update with all these ships being shuffled around, but is there anyway to tell if one of the other ships swapped out Labadee for the Coco cay day since it's rare for only 1 ship to be there lately? 

Cruisemapper isn't updating all these changes so you can't depend on it to be correct during all these cancelations and re-routing to different ports.  Will they eventually catch up? No idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethorama said:

They could have at least offered reduced port fees. 

No promises, of course, but there’s still a chance customer service is playing it safe by saying that now.  Sometimes port fee refunds are made to the on board accounts during the sailing.  Honestly though when we have received such adjustments it has usually been a rather small amount of money.  Symphony is a great ship and I hope you enjoy your time on board.

3 hours ago, Bethorama said:

Well I’m sure after two whole days of cruising at the beginning of our cruise we’ll now be getting off the ship to do something in Falmouth before cruising another day after that. 

We went to Chukka Estates. The roads are a little bumpy, but the place was very nice, clean and not crowded 

9 hours ago, Bromma16872 said:

Today we got an email about our cruise on Oasis the last of march. CocoCay TWO days, becouse Labadee will be canceled.

My question is:
Will they "close" CocoCay on the evening/night? We will be docked all night i think...

I cant think that the ship will leave and come back again the following morning. 

App is showing "gangway up" at 6pm for the first day at CocoCay, moved from 5pm.  I suspect they don't want to stay open late at night because of employee issues perhaps?

6 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

6 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

This is not relevant to what I posted

6 hours ago, Bethorama said:

Just saying that’s what they told me on the phone when I called. They said they are not. They even read the policy over the phone. 

Listening to an agent on the phone and reporting it here as fact is not the best idea as it is common knowledge that they are full of misinformation !

Cheers

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Listening to an agent on the phone and reporting it here as fact is not the best idea as it is common knowledge that they are full of misinformation !

Cheers

It was RCCL I spoke to.

47 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

RCCL is a large corporation with a large call center. Many of those employees know less about Royal than my dog.  

I had her speak with her manager and she came back with the policy in changed ports. Yes, they are probably dumb like you said but that doesn’t change the fact that they are not giving any reduction in price. 

25 minutes ago, Bethorama said:

I had her speak with her manager and she came back with the policy in changed ports. Yes, they are probably dumb like you said but that doesn’t change the fact that they are not giving any reduction in price. 

I don’t believe a single person expects them to change pricing after final payment.  Obviously if you have a cruise booked months and months away prices are always dynamic and they could drop, but only if lots of people cancel or new bookings slow down.  I didn’t realize that was why you called RCCL.  Waste of time that.  🤪  I was just commenting on calling RCCL in general is not a good way to learn anything at all.  😂

jc

11 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t believe a single person expects them to change pricing after final payment.  Obviously if you have a cruise booked months and months away prices are always dynamic and they could drop, but only if lots of people cancel or new bookings slow down.  I didn’t realize that was why you called RCCL.  Waste of time that.  🤪  I was just commenting on calling RCCL in general is not a good way to learn anything at all.  😂

jc

No worries buddy. I’ve been on many cruises and know how a cruise company can treat people. It’s about perceived value. They should’ve offered a small discount, at least port fees returned. I’m over it. I’ve decided I’ll just book on a different line next time and for this cruise I’ll be sure to get my monies worth on food and drinks. 😂😂😂😂

From how Haiti is going, I don't see RCI returning to normal port stops at Labadee in the near future. By near future, I would say the next 6 months. I said a decade ago, RCI should have divested in Labedee and put their efforts elsewhere. Haiti has been unstable since the 90s.

3 hours ago, poleman88 said:

When will they change the cruise planner to show excursions for Falmouth now that Labadee is cancelled?

Royal tends to be very slow to update the cruise planner in situations like this.  It's same in hurricane season when ports change unexpectedly.  

All you can do is check back often.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 95south said:

From how Haiti is going, I don't see RCI returning to normal port stops at Labadee in the near future. By near future, I would say the next 6 months. I said a decade ago, RCI should have divested in Labedee and put their efforts elsewhere. Haiti has been unstable since the 90s.

RCI has stopped there for the last 30 years and last decade so your advice would have been wrong. They will suspend operations for a while and then resume. Eventually there will be a new government. Has happened in the past. Also who would they divest to? RCI has a lease until 2050. 

• Thanks 1