Scenic Streamlines Cabin Categories

1 minute ago, CruiseIreland said:

@Host Jazzbeau. That link just takes me to a form for brochure request and sign up for emails. Did I miss something?

The information is in the brochure "2025 Europe River Cruising Updated Deck Plans" – you have to download it to see it.  [I can't post it on CC because it's a pdf and they don't work here]

Posted (edited)

UK 2025 brochure not available until 17 April 2024

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

[I can't post it on CC because it's a pdf and they don't work here]

You could photograph it with a smartphone and upload the photo. But it seems you are saying that the cabins haven't changed, but some are now cheaper in the USA. And costs vary in different markets.

But I have noted that Scenic in the UK are no longer including free air travel to the cruise, but only a credit to the air fare. If the air fare is greater than that credit then the guest has to pay the difference.

And it goes without saying that credit may go down in future years. After the bags, then the chauffeur car to the airport, what else is this budget "ultra-luxury" cruise line going to cut?

Edited by pontac

In the past as pontac  well knows I’ve supported Scenic to the nth degree, well now their website is horrific how on earth can anyone sort out what they want. What a load of absolute rubbish for many many years I’ve enjoyed cruising with Scenic I’m sorry I doubt I will be doing so again. I’m so so sad.

I'm sorry to hear that @Canal archive as you really enjoyed your Scenic cruises, and I thought those with your ranking in their loyalty club still get a chauffeur car to/from the airport.

Scenic have yet another discount advert in today's Telegraph for a cruise with standard rooms at £1,999 and  balcony suites at £2,599. 

But I agree the site is dreck. I can't see a floor plan of the rooms but it appears a balcony suite isn't a suite, i.e. it doesn't have a separate living room from the bedroom, its just a cabin with a balcony.

The Scenic cruise I'm going on (in a balcony cabin)  in August was an impulse buy as they discounted by 35% and included BA Club Class flights.

(I'm keen to see if the service differs from that on the Bordeaux cruise  I went on in 2022, as there are no other Scenic boats on the Bordeaux route and I wondered if the crew were 'doing their own thing' so far from management's eyes.)

Yes would still  get a car and there are some really good offers I’ve just had one through the door but I emailed Scenic asking about ONC apart from what is offered for what I am now calling North American suites as it’s impossible to book them unless two years in advance  and was asked if I had booked my next cruise and couldn’t get an answer as I hadn’t  booked. I’m really miffed as we got to know an Australian who basically started his travel business with the Scenic guy I’m reaching out to him to find out what’s going on. There is only one boat on the Bordeaux route. We had a great time but due to the group on board the staff and crew not the so called leader supposedly Scenics best he did get several extra evening entertainments but ran his own business on the side he was reported to Scenics head office for this, not by us. Did you go to the son e lumiere?

On 3/16/2024 at 7:42 PM, Canal archive said:

Did you go to the son e lumiere?

Yes. No complaints against Scenic who did their job of transporting us and we did have it exclusively, but I wouldn't go again. Boring. See day 7 of my report

Review of Beautiful Bordeaux 11 day cruise on Scenic Diamond from 17 August to 27 August 2022 with comparisons to Viking - River Cruising - Cruise Critic Community

I don't understand what ONC means

As you enjoyed the Bordeaux trip, and you went a long time ago, why not go again. Advert offering 45% off in yesterdays Sunday Telegraph. (Sister line Emerald was advertising in Sunday Times standard rooms at £1,499 and 'Panorama' balcony rooms at £1,849 for 7 nights in June-August 2024 on the Rhine & Danube.)

1 hour ago, Canal archive said:

ONC On board Credit.

Others use OBC on this board, I understand OBC. 

It's a shame that a line you thought so highly of has dropped its standards, however they have upped their superlatives. One now cruises in 'Ultra-Luxury' with Scenic. Ultra-Luxury I ask you, what's that when it's at home?