How are the Swans doing 2024?

The Swans played GWS late this afternoon at GWS home ground Engie Stadium. 

The final scores were Swans 15.12.102 d GWS 11.9.75,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Thanks Leigh, I was out for the game as we are travelling.

Easily done Mic. Hope you are enjoying your travelling. I was home but busy so didn't watch the game. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, possum52 said:

The Swans played GWS late this afternoon at GWS home ground Engie Stadium. 

The final scores were Swans 15.12.102 d GWS 11.9.75,

Another week, another Swans win and another game I didn't get to see. Grrr.

Thanks for posting the score Leigh.

• Like 1

Glad the Swans held on. They have been in a lot of games that are close and/or they are slow to start. Maybe they need to feel some danger of losing before they get serious? 😉

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Thanks Leigh, I was out for the game as we are travelling.

Hope that means you’ve fully recovered from your Achilles surgery, Mic.

On 6/23/2024 at 5:49 AM, MicCanberra said:

Not fully recovered as yet but off the crutches. Hopefully out of the boot soon.

Oh no Mic, I didn't know. What did you do to your Achilles? I am glad to read that you are recovering nicely.

Take care of yourself 🙂

Swans are looking good!

It is a long saga.

I tore my achilles tendon back in September last year, I was in a cast for 2 weeks and a boot for another 10. We cancelled our 7 week US trip which was October and November. My tendon only healed 20%, I now needed reconstruction surgery, which was scheduled for late March.

We did our trip to South America and Antarctica (January /February) along with a trip to Egypt in early March, but have cancelled a Japan trip in April and a European trip in June, with a July trip postponed to next year.

I had the surgery and have been in a boot ever since. I was able to go weight bearing 2 weeks ago so could get rid of the crutches. Am hoping to be out of the boot in the next few weeks.

Our next overseas trip is the US in September, but am doing a few domestic trips now I am off the crutches.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It is a long saga.

I tore my achilles tendon back in September last year, I was in a cast for 2 weeks and a boot for another 10. We cancelled our 7 week US trip which was October and November. My tendon only healed 20%, I now needed reconstruction surgery, which was scheduled for late March.

We did our trip to South America and Antarctica (January /February) along with a trip to Egypt in early March, but have cancelled a Japan trip in April and a European trip in June, with a July trip postponed to next year.

I had the surgery and have been in a boot ever since. I was able to go weight bearing 2 weeks ago so could get rid of the crutches. Am hoping to be out of the boot in the next few weeks.

Our next overseas trip is the US in September, but am doing a few domestic trips now I am off the crutches.

Wow, saga indeed! It's always hard when you don't heal as expected and have to undergo even more treatment. We will be in Japan in April, on Princess. We could have been shipmates!

Where in the US will you be in September--anywhere near Albuquerque? I doubt it but if you are in the neighborhood, we'd love to see you. But we leave Sept 18 for Michigan and then on to Boston for a Canada/NE cruise.

Sounds like the recovery is going well, I hope it continues and you are all healed soon.

6 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Wow, saga indeed! It's always hard when you don't heal as expected and have to undergo even more treatment. We will be in Japan in April, on Princess. We could have been shipmates!

Where in the US will you be in September--anywhere near Albuquerque? I doubt it but if you are in the neighborhood, we'd love to see you. But we leave Sept 18 for Michigan and then on to Boston for a Canada/NE cruise.

Sounds like the recovery is going well, I hope it continues and you are all healed soon.

Our US trip has us in LA ans San Francisco  for a week before going to Washington and doing a tour of Historical sites and the Blue Ridge and Smokey Ranges. Then we have a cruise out of Port Canaveral and a B2B out of Fort Lauderdale doing the East, West and South Caribbean.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 2:23 AM, MicCanberra said:

Our US trip has us in LA ans San Francisco  for a week before going to Washington and doing a tour of Historical sites and the Blue Ridge and Smokey Ranges. Then we have a cruise out of Port Canaveral and a B2B out of Fort Lauderdale doing the East, West and South Caribbean.

That's a lot to see, sounds like fun! Hope your tendon is fully healed for that trip--lots of walking. SF has some great spots to see--Lombard Street, Chinatown, the old Ferry Terminal, Alcatraz and more. DC too, no lack of things to see and do there. You can get to many of the sites using the metro but some still involve some walking. Pace yourselves!

• Like 1

Yeah, that should give you plenty of time to build up your leg and ankle. Maybe try riding a bike before you go too. That's a low impact activity that will still let you build strength and stamina. I have a new knee issue, so walking is hard but I can ride my bike with a lot less pain!

You can probably rent bikes in both SF and DC. That might be another way to deal with any remaining pain. Although, lots of hills in SF 🙂 

• Like 1