How are the Swans doing 2024?

Swans are away to Brisbane at the Gabba this afternoon. I’ll do the scores for a while but I’m going out to watch grandson’s game in an hour. 
image.thumb.png.675613329d060df1defc22895e35ead3.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Swans are away to Brisbane at the Gabba this afternoon. I’ll do the scores for a while but I’m going out to watch grandson’s game in an hour. 
image.thumb.png.675613329d060df1defc22895e35ead3.png

Cool, good luck for the grandson's game

• Like 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Cool, good luck for the grandson's game

Thanks Mic, he plays in the top grade for U17s in AFL South East. His team is second but are short of players due to injury and the Coates Talent League where three boys play if selected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Nice come back by the Swans, wish they would stop giving sides the big 1st quarter leads.

Me too! What is up with that?? Do they just need to fall behind to get motivated? My heart is always in my mouth when I read the messages with the Swans scores. Its too much for my old heart 🙂

Thanks for posting and good luck to Leigh's grandson!

• Like 2

Full time, Swans just got pipped in the last couple of minutes, losing by 2 points. Lions 11.13 (79) to Swans 11.11 (77).

That start give away has come back to hurt them again.

• Like 2

There are 5 more games prior to the finals, 3 of which against teams out of the top 8.

The Swans have a

2 game lead over 2nd place, and a

2 1/2 game lead over 3rd and 4th.

Hopefully they can stop their slow starts and with a few more wins lock in the top spot.

Screenshot_20240721-202350_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

There are 5 more games prior to the finals, 3 of which against teams out of the top 8.

The Swans have a

2 game lead over 2nd place, and a

2 1/2 game lead over 3rd and 4th.

Hopefully they can stop their slow starts and with a few more wins lock in the top spot.

I am going to light a candle for them every night until the Swans are definitely in the top spot 😁

I'm too old for this kind of drama. I wish the Swans would just play all 4Qs and it would be easier on me!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I am going to light a candle for them every night until the Swans are definitely in the top spot 😁

I'm too old for this kind of drama. I wish the Swans would just play all 4Qs and it would be easier on me!

Agreed, they also had a few injuries which was one reason they fell off in the 4th quarter. Hopefully they recover quickly.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 3:36 AM, MicCanberra said:

Another loss, the lead is down to 6 points now.

A form slump and a few injuries and suspensions are taking their toll. 4 losses in the last 5 games.

We are on vacation and I just had a chance to read this. Who is injured and/or suspended? How many games will they miss?

I am starting to worry that the old Swans are reappearing!

Woe is me 😉

• Like 1

Tom Papley
Tom has commenced rehabilitation for his medial ankle sprain. He will likely miss a further 3 – 5 weeks.

Lewis Melican
Lewis was subbed out of the game against the Western Bulldogs due to hamstring tightness. He will be a test to play Port Adelaide.

Dane Rampe
Dane’s low grade calf strain is progressing well. He will be a test to return to play this weekend against Port Adelaide.

Patrick Snell
Patrick is building his running speed and rehab skills exposure. He will miss a further 1 – 2 matches.

Justin McInerney
Justin is progressing his knee PCL rehabilitation. He is completing leg strengthening and off legs conditioning.

Jacob Konstanty
Jacob has progressed out of the boot. He has commenced leg strengthening and off legs conditioning.

Jack Buller
Jack Buller is now 7 weeks post surgery. He is aiming to commence running in 2 – 3 weeks

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:
Tom Papley
Lewis Melican
Dane Rampe
Patrick Snell
Justin McInerney
Jacob Konstanty
Jack Buller

Wow, that's quite a lengthy list. No wonder they are losing. Looks like it will continue for awhile <sigh>

Thanks Mic