How are the Swans doing 2024?

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Full time Port 22.16 (148) thrash the Swans 5.6 (36).

A big dent to their percentage as well.

uh oh. Are we watching the end of the Swans for the season? How many games are left??

11 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

uh oh. Are we watching the end of the Swans for the season? How many games are left??

Hopefully not the end, there are still 3 games to go before finals, Collingwood, Essendon and Adelaide, all are outside the top eight atm. They still have a lead, although that will probably drop to 2 points today, if Brisbane and /or Freo win.

Going on form, they really need to turn it around and get a few wins before finals, otherwise finals will not mean much.

48 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Hopefully not the end, there are still 3 games to go before finals, Collingwood, Essendon and Adelaide, all are outside the top eight atm. They still have a lead, although that will probably drop to 2 points today, if Brisbane and /or Freo win.

Going on form, they really need to turn it around and get a few wins before finals, otherwise finals will not mean much.

Sounds a bit grim. And there I was, thinking they would make the finals, no problem. That's why they play the games 🙂 

11 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Sounds a bit grim. And there I was, thinking they would make the finals, no problem. That's why they play the games 🙂 

They will make the finals, but if you finish in the bottom 4, you can get knocked out first game.

I didn't see any of the game. We had our granddaughters here for the weekend so did 'stuff' with them. I was shocked when I saw the scores. A few upsets over the weekend and there will probably be more in the last few rounds. We went to watch younger grandson's match yesterday afternoon so missed the first half of the Bombers v Freo game. What a last quarter by the Bombers when it looked (according to the commentators) as if Freo were going to run away with the game. 

It will be an interesting finale to the home and away season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

According to the Magpies coach, the 'Pies are " smoldering" (not red hot). They play the Swans, at the SCG, this Friday night. It should be an interesting game. Go PIES!

I am hoping the pies are hot and get eaten, afterall no one wants a cold pie

• Haha 5

Brisbane Lions play the GWS Giants, so we can hope for a draw there.

Geelong Cats play Fremantle Dockers, so a draw there, or a Freo win would be good.

And a Port Adelaide Power loss to Melbourne Demons. This would mean a 4 point gap and should ensure a top 4 finish.

This is all unlikely, as Brisbane and Port should win.

The Swans just have to keep winning for the rest of the season.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, possum52 said:

Final scores - a great come from behind win by the Swans. 

Wow, that was a close one. The Swans sure give great value to their fans--lots of action for the price of a ticket!

I'm hoping they can hold on.

Go Swans!

• Like 3