How are the Swans doing 2024?

Wouldn't you know it, I finally get to see a Swans game but I fell asleep after the 1Q. I didn't even wake up to see the exciting finish--grrr. I'm glad they won and sorry I missed it.

A week off should let them rest. And maybe figure out why they are so slow the start playing. Too much drama for my old heart!

Thanks for posting Leigh.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Semi finals are set.

Sydney (1) vs Port Adelaide (2)

Geelong (3) vs Brisbane (5).

That's good but shouldn't the Swans be playing Brisbane? That's how the seeding work here, maybe AFL has different rules? I wonder if it will be on TV here. Although, we will be in Michigan and then off to Boston for a cruise. I hope it works out, I'd love to watch the Swans.

Go Swans!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

That's good but shouldn't the Swans be playing Brisbane? That's how the seeding work here, maybe AFL has different rules? I wonder if it will be on TV here. Although, we will be in Michigan and then off to Boston for a cruise. I hope it works out, I'd love to watch the Swans.

Go Swans!

Normally, yes, but Geelong beat Port Adelaide in the qualifying final (1st round of finals), so they don't play each other again unless in the Grand final.

BTW, I am in Washington DC atm, touring all the museums and such, nice weather but will cool off for the Blue Ridge  and Smokey Mountains in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Normally, yes, but Geelong beat Port Adelaide in the qualifying final (1st round of finals), so they don't play each other again unless in the Grand final.

BTW, I am in Washington DC atm, touring all the museums and such, nice weather but will cool off for the Blue Ridge  and Smokey Mountains in the next couple of days.

Ah, that explains it, thanks. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the 1st round except for the Swans!

I love DC-- lots to see, easy to walk, metro is good except at rush hour, some decent places to eat. Are you saying you're going to the Blue Ridge and Smokey Mountains next? That should be beautiful this time of year. And the temps should be quite pleasant. Where are you staying in DC?

We are stopping in Michigan on the way to Boston to visit DHs family. I am looking forward leaf colors and cooler temps there. Canada and NE should be the same. Maybe by the time we get back it will have cooled off enough here that it will be nice. Right now the evenings are pleasant but the days are still sunny and hot.

Enjoy your trip

13 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Ah, that explains it, thanks. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the 1st round except for the Swans!

I love DC-- lots to see, easy to walk, metro is good except at rush hour, some decent places to eat. Are you saying you're going to the Blue Ridge and Smokey Mountains next? That should be beautiful this time of year. And the temps should be quite pleasant. Where are you staying in DC?

We are stopping in Michigan on the way to Boston to visit DHs family. I am looking forward leaf colors and cooler temps there. Canada and NE should be the same. Maybe by the time we get back it will have cooled off enough here that it will be nice. Right now the evenings are pleasant but the days are still sunny and hot.

Enjoy your trip

yes a 2 week tour, we go to Gettysburg 1st and then on through to the mountains, Kentucky Tennessee and North Carolina before heading back through Virginia. It is a Civil war and natural landmarks tour.

We were staying by the National Mall for a couple of nights. For this tour we are in a hotel in Noma? not that far from Union station.

cheers it should be great, hope your travels go well also.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

yes a 2 week tour, we go to Gettysburg 1st and then on through to the mountains, Kentucky Tennessee and North Carolina before heading back through Virginia. It is a Civil war and natural landmarks tour.

We were staying by the National Mall for a couple of nights. For this tour we are in a hotel in Noma? not that far from Union station.

cheers it should be great, hope your travels go well also.

That does sound like a lovely tour, lots of Civil War sites in that area. Just as when I travel in Europe and try to imagine how WWII was fought, I do the same at Civil War sites. Those are good hotel locations, and close to good food options.

Cheers!

• Like 2

1st Preliminary Final tonight at 7.40pm at the SCG between Sydney Swans and Port Power.

The 2nd Prelim is late tomorrow afternoon at 5.15pm between Geelong Cats and Brisbane Lions at the MCG. 

image.thumb.png.318b37683b2f2787b93d8b432a211ef5.png

• Like 1

I'm hopping right on the Swans bandwagon.  Unfortunately, the Eagles have given us little to celebrate the last couple of years.  And they can't even decide on a coach at the moment, bring back yummy man Adam Simpson I say.

• Haha 3

Swans will play Brisbane Lions in the GF next Saturday afternoon at the MCG.

Lions beat Geelong by 10 points, it was a very exciting last quarter.

I'm on the Lions' bandwagon as I have family members who support them. Although, if Swans win I won't be too fussed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2