MIDNIGHT BUFFET ON THE CELEBRATION

I posted a review of my cruise on the Celebration. First off I hope and expect to sail her again this September. I'm very objective and point out the positive and needs improvement facts with humor.

Now to my thread. Surprisingly, I haven't seen any reviews on the Celebration Midnight Buffet. Not to be a Karen or Morris the finiky cat... But, though I'm glad its back the food barely cracks 2 stars. The midnight "barffet chow" smells awful. Like a K Mart Cafeteria. This dining option brought my review of the Celebration down one star. The pizza looked like it was frozen instead of Miami Slice. The chicken tenders looked and smelled awful. My fellow cruisers...please share your feedback. The main buffet and MDR food were a solid four stars. I'm hoping the Midnight Buffet food becomes the cuisine across the board. Carnival don't even think about it. :-) My cat's reaction to my reaction of the Midnight "Barffet!"Screenshot_20240304_203813_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0006e20ad4e7ac25c620b90abdbe8fa9.jpgScreenshot_20240304_203813_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0006e20ad4e7ac25c620b90abdbe8fa9.jpg

Haven't sailed on Celebration yet. On my last cruise, the Magic over Labor Day, the food was all far below par. The late night snacks buffet was all frozen prepackaged food like Tyson chicken tenders and Red Baron pizza, you could tell. None of it was appealing.

So your report of the same on Celebration doesn't surprise me.

The days of Carnival serving only freshly prepared food is over.

Posted (edited)

As I mentioned I hope the Midnight Barrfet food DOES NOT becomes the new standard across the line. So it wasn't my imagination re: the pizza and frozen roadkill tenders.

Edited by Captain Zippyjet
missed one word

From a midnight buffet perspective, I just expect it to have some sort of edible food. It’s midnight. You’re drunk. To complain about the spread, is silly. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I was on the Celebration this month.  I found the food on the midnight buffet to be perfectly acceptable, and would go so far as to say I enjoyed the chicken tenders.  I wouldn't say it was the best food on the ship, but it definitely hit the midnight spot.  We all have different opinions.

Edited by StephPS79

I'm just reporting/passing the info along. The quality in the Midnight Buffet may be hard on the stomach espically if you've helped yourself to those special beverahes. Call it conspiracy tbeory. I'm also feeling that the midnight buffet slop might be a test. If it succeeds it may filter up to at least the main buffet.

Posted (edited)

The "Midnight Buffet" is the same across all ships and the food besides maybe the pizza and sandwiches, is the same food they serve during the day time. The pizza and sandwiches are different because they aren't made from the deli or pizza spot where they can use the equipment. It's food. It's not meant to be a 5 star meal. I've lugged some tenders up to my room and snuggled up to a movie on my TV many a nights before bed. No complaints from me.

Edited by starstruck05
  • Like 4

You won't die immediately if you eat it, so yes I suppose it does qualify as food. It's Freezer Queen TV dinner quality food at best. People say they swell on cruises drinking the water - LOL - no, you tell yourself that, but it's really because you eat this tripe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You won't die immediately if you eat it, so yes I suppose it does qualify as food. It's Freezer Queen TV dinner quality food at best. People say they swell on cruises drinking the water - LOL - no, you tell yourself that, but it's really because you eat this tripe.

ROTFL! Cruises are special don't serve up that skeevy frozen food.

image.png.2b0e2db017de27ed2f4086b7022d5278.png

Unfortunately I've only seen honey mustard sauce offered with the "chicken tenders," which are mostly breading and 'imperfect' (read cheap) bits and pieces of chicken that couldn't be sold as actual chicken tenders. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Unfortunately I've only seen honey mustard sauce offered with the "chicken tenders," which are mostly breading and 'imperfect' (read cheap) bits and pieces of chicken that couldn't be sold as actual chicken tenders. 

If the honey mustard sauce was the same served in the Lido Buffet, besides dessert would be the only.

tasty Item at the Midnight Buffet.

5 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Yeah on the Magic they were mostly breading and gristle. Very little actual meat. Quite nasty to be honest.

27 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Yeah on the Magic they were mostly breading and gristle. Very little actual meat.

Carnival calls them chicken tenders on the menu but is too cheap to buy actual chicken tenders/tenderloins.  Similarly they serve the meatball sandwiches on hot dog bugs instead of a hoagie or sub roll.

1 minute ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Carnival calls them chicken tenders on the menu but is too cheap to buy actual chicken tenders/tenderloins.  Similarly they serve the meatball sandwiches on hot dog bugs instead of a hoagie or sub roll.

And they often serve cut-up hot dogs instead of breakfast sausage on the breakfast buffet.

• Haha 1

100% agree. That poor excuse for a “buffet” (served in Guys Pig & Anchor)

is HORRIBLE!

Miami slice and the deli definitely kick its butt! (Pizza late for when the deli has just closed)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mmmkay but is it really the "Midnight Buffet" of old or just some snacks laid out to offset the lack of venue offerings at that time of the night?  

2 hours ago, kdr69 said:

mmmkay but is it really the "Midnight Buffet" of old or just some snacks laid out to offset the lack of venue offerings at that time of the night?  

The midnight buffet of old is gone, never coming back. The only thing this has in common with it is it is served at around the same time.

This buffet is actually called late night snacks in the fun times.

• Like 3

We're talking about chicken tenders, right?  The thing that's usually on most kids menus?  

I'm not sure what one expects from "chicken tenders" but I got some greasy breaded and fried chicken, perfect for dunking in that actually pretty tasty honey mustard that was there (although I'll fully admit to mistaking it as cheese sauce and dumping all over my hotdog - actually worked out well) just as expected.  

I really think some expectations need to be evaluated to determine is Carnival is the right cruise line for individual preference.  If not, it is fine to move on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Though I haven't experienced the "buffet" yet,  I do think there was a need for late night snacks so I am glad for the addition.  So what kind of food is served and where is this buffet located?  Its news to me so I am curious...TIA

Edited by cacruisin