Reservation Transfer Troubles

TMLAalum

Posted (edited)

Long ramble of discontent....

On February 22 a friend of mine made an onboard booking for us, them and 4 other couples on an Apex Fjords cruise next year. On February 23 I submitted the mandated form to Celebrity and received their confirmation email that day:

Please be advised that your request to transfer reservation #xxxxxxx to be serviced by xxxxxxTRAVEL located at xxx,xxx,xxx was received. Please allow up to 5-7 business days for processing.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard!
Sales Administration Dept.

When no confirmation from the BBTA had arrived by March 11 I contacted them. They were unable to retrieve the reservation and suggested I call Celebrity. I did and was relieved to hear from the Celebrity rep that my booking should be transferred no later than the following day.

Guess What? It wasn't. I emailed the BBTA on March 15, received an email and a call that day from their cruise help representative who gave me a different Celebrity # to call, which I did. The Celebrity rep who answered my call informed me that # was for TAs only, so I asked if he could please transfer me. Instead, he "handled" my call, referenced my previous call, tried resubmitting the Celebrity transfer form himself and ended the conversation by telling told me to be patient and referring to the "5-7 business days" for processing. When I expressed concern that the 30-day timeline for a booking to be transferred was fast approaching, he told me not to worry as there was a log of my calls.

Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, how was it resolved? When would be a reasonable amount of time to lapse before I call Celebrity yet again if transfer hasn't happened?

Thanks, and please be kind.

Edited by TMLAalum

Mine has always gone through within 1-3 days.    If you still have the Agents only Phone number do a conference call with your agent and the Agent Only line.  

I never really have this problem and just have my agent transfer it.   If he has a problem he handles it.   If for some reason he needs my help he conferences me in.

• Like 1

I’m sorry you reservation hit a glitch.  
I never transfer it myself.  I call the TAs I use to check their pricing and what OBC they are offering.  If I want it transferred they handle the transfer I don’t have to do a thing.  Last transfer was in January and the request was submitted by the TA in the morning and by mid afternoon the reservation transfer had been completed.