Changeover Day on Back to Back Cruise

Hi all,

We are B2B on Wonder of the Seas this May and are looking to spend some time in Orlando on changeover day.

I'm hoping someone who has done the same can help with advising the customs procedure with RCCL? - how long does it take etc?

We are in the same stateroom for 2 weeks so won't be needing to move our belongings.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Customs normally uses facial recognition. You just walk up to a video screen , look at it, and it should recognize you from your passport photo, and you are on your way. You will be given instructions before, and will get your new seapass before getting off. But, you should have your passport, just in case, but also reboarding.

Facial recognition gets everyone processed very quickly, no long lines.

• Like 1

The ship will take care of everything and will leave instructions in your room the first cruise.  All the B2B's will meet a certain location and the ships staff will get you all checked in for your next cruise and take through customs...Either on the ship or off the ship.  When you are all done they will give you a card a continues cruiser card that you can use to avoid the lines when you get back from spending time in Orlando.   

• Like 1

I always stop by guest services during the first cruise to make sure we're on b2b list.  Never a problem.   Also mention it to our stateroom attendant so they know they don't have to rush to turnover our cabin.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Customs normally uses facial recognition. You just walk up to a video screen , look at it, and it should recognize you from your passport photo, and you are on your way. You will be given instructions before, and will get your new seapass before getting off. But, you should have your passport, just in case, but also reboarding.

Facial recognition gets everyone processed very quickly, no long lines.

Thanks a million Mo & Fran!! 👍

5 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

The ship will take care of everything and will leave instructions in your room the first cruise.  All the B2B's will meet a certain location and the ships staff will get you all checked in for your next cruise and take through customs...Either on the ship or off the ship.  When you are all done they will give you a card a continues cruiser card that you can use to avoid the lines when you get back from spending time in Orlando.   

Oooh that sounds a breeze!!....I just wanted to make the most of my time in Orlando and was worried that this could be a long process so this eases my mind!! Thank you Psycho and Barb!! 👍

One thing to keep in mind...but it doesn't sound like it will apply to you....once you get off the ship, you will not be able to get back on until the ship begins reboarding.  IOW, you cannot get off and get right back on.  Sounds like you will be spending some time away from the ship, so this shouldn't affect you....just something to keep in mind.

Btw you do know the ship is actually in Port Canaveral.   Not sure where you want to go.  It's about an hour to Orlando.  You probably want to make arrangements to get off early rather than waiting for b2b meeting.  Not sure where you want to go.

52 minutes ago, KerryJTaylor said:

Hi all,

We are B2B on Wonder of the Seas this May and are looking to spend some time in Orlando on changeover day.

I'm hoping someone who has done the same can help with advising the customs procedure with RCCL? - how long does it take etc?

We are in the same stateroom for 2 weeks so won't be needing to move our belongings.

Thanks in advance 🙂

I agree with the last post. Port Canaveral isnt that close to orlando. No way I'm getting off the ship and finding transportation all the way to orlando. I've driven it and it took me way over a hour because I skipped till roads. To get to anything you want to see in orlando even further.

Too far imo to enjoy orlando and get back a couple of hours before the all aboard.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KerryJTaylor said:

Oooh that sounds a breeze!!....I just wanted to make the most of my time in Orlando and was worried that this could be a long process so this eases my mind!! Thank you Psycho and Barb!! 👍

It is a breeze and with you having the same room...Even sweeter.  We Love B2B's and always try and book as early as we can to be able to get the same room.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Btw you do know the ship is actually in Port Canaveral.   Not sure where you want to go.  It's about an hour to Orlando.  You probably want to make arrangements to get off early rather than waiting for b2b meeting.  Not sure where you want to go.

I actually meant Port Canaveral, not Orlando!!....we fly into Orlando so I just got the two mixed up!! But thank you 😉

3 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

It is a breeze and with you having the same room...Even sweeter.  We Love B2B's and always try and book as early as we can to be able to get the same room.

Oh agree!! Thank you for your help!! 👍

5 minutes ago, KerryJTaylor said:

I actually meant Port Canaveral, not Orlando!!....we fly into Orlando so I just got the two mixed up!! But thank you 😉

Good!  We stayed in Cocoa Beach, which is nearby and nice.  I don't recall what's near the port but think there was a restaurant. 

27 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Good!  We stayed in Cocoa Beach, which is nearby and nice.  I don't recall what's near the port but think there was a restaurant. 

Just popping to a nearby mall for a bit of retail therapy for a couple of hours! 😉

Posted (edited)

You can get your new seapass at GS the night before and will receive an IN TRANSIT card to facilitate reboarding. Then you can exit before the B2B group if you want. Remember, you will have to do muster again.

BTW  Ron Jon's surf shop is close by. A  popular place to visit.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1