New York Embarkation - which Terminal

RAPM7169

In looking at my October cruise RT out of NYC, the departure is listed as "New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn)". When can I expect to find out which terminal it will be so I can pre-arrange transportation from the airport (EWR)?

46 minutes ago, RAPM7169 said:

Thanks, now I can start looking for EWR<>Cruise Terminal transportation.

Anyone have a car service recommendation?

Yes, call Carmel Car Service - they are excellent. Have used them many times when going in to NYC.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Princess Cruiser27 said:

If your sailing on the Enchanted Princess it will be Red Hook Brooklyn. 

I'm on the Enchanted on Aug 31 and neither schedules show Enchanted. Brooklyn shows Emerald on Aug 30 & 31st. I am guessing the 31st is for Enchanted and not Emerald. But also based on Princess' website, Emerald isn't in NYC on either dates. 

2 hours ago, qoap24 said:

I'm on the Enchanted on Aug 31 and neither schedules show Enchanted. Brooklyn shows Emerald on Aug 30 & 31st. I am guessing the 31st is for Enchanted and not Emerald. But also based on Princess' website, Emerald isn't in NYC on either dates. 

I'm on the Aug 31 Enchanted sailing as well (did YOU know it was a Love boat themed cruise...because I didn't until after I booked, lol).  Everything I've gathered is that it leaves from Brooklyn. 

As others have stated, it's almost guaranteed that the trip will leave from and return to Brooklyn. Generally, Princess only uses the MCT as an intermediate stop on a longer voyage. It's hard to understand why Princess keeps up that (Manhattan or Brooklyn) wording, but they do. In 2022, when we left from Brooklyn on the Enchanted, we also saw that confusing wording, but noticed something change within a few weeks of departure. When I went into the Personalizer to look at the booking, on the "Itinerary" tab, it still said "New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn), New York" for the departure port, but then right underneath, very clearly listed the address of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, 72 Bowne Street etc.

Attached is the link to, in my opinion. the best the best and most complete schedule for ships leaving NYC

Current Arrivals & Departures – World Ship Society (worldshipny.com). You will see it has the Enchanted leaving Brooklyn/Red Hook on August 31st. As stated above, Princess rarely uses the Manhattan Cruise Terminal (MCT). The only time this year Princess will be at the MCT will be 7/13-14 as a port call as part of the Coral Princess World Cruise and 10/2-3 as part of Sky Princess Transatlantic. 

19 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I'm on the Aug 31 Enchanted sailing as well (did YOU know it was a Love boat themed cruise...because I didn't until after I booked, lol).  Everything I've gathered is that it leaves from Brooklyn. 

Yes, we were already booked when they announced it. I wasn't sure how to feel about it, but people on here told me that it won't be as big of a deal as I was afraid it would be. I do know that our price went down before the announcement (glad I caught it when I did) and then went back up and even higher after. 

23 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

Does Princess have transfers from EWR to and from Red Hook? If so, what is the usual cost?

I would also like to know this. We plan on taking a train from Philly and trying to figure the easiest way... right now seems like penn station and an uber to the port?