Alaska cruise in May

12 minutes ago, Cam14 said:

We are taking a girls trip in mid May.  How dressed up are women in the main dining room in the evenings?

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

What cruiseline?

I did HAL last early May.  The most dressed it seemed in the dining rooms was "Business Friday casual."  Otherwise, the Alaska cruises are pretty casual.  I wore jeans most of the time, but when I went to the one specialty restaurant I wore my trusty black Tshirt dress that I always travel with.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cam14 said:

Thank you for the replies! We are on Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas, southbound itinerary. 

We did this cruise on Radiance two years ago. It is port intensive with busy days, so most people dressed pretty casually in the MDR. Even “formal” nights were toned down. I wore neat dark jeans and a “nice” top most nights. There were also a couple of days when we got back onboard very close to our dining time, so we did a quick refresh and came as we were. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cam14 said:

Thank you, jsn55 and LindaD22 for the helpful information!  We are very excited!

You will love this cruise! The views are just amazing as you sail; seeing whales, seals, eagles and other wildlife from the ship is incredible; and the Alaskan scenery is one of a kind. It remains our favorite cruise and we want to go again soon. Enjoy! 

Posted (edited)

We have been to Alaska quite a few times now (going in May again)...its definitely not formal in the dining room.  Some folks dress up, but its not required.  I typically bring a pair of black slacks and a few silk blouses.  The blouses pack small and I dont have an issue rewearing them as needed over the course of the cruise.  Ive also worn dark jeans.  Just depends on your packing personality...I am a "carry on only" traveler, so it works for me.

Edited by CutieKakes